PDA

View Full Version : Linking play to EYFS

janey81
20-05-2010, 08:08 PM
I am trying to find ways of linking some of the toys that the children regularly play with to the EYFS, for my continuous provision sheet I have a list of the toys that we have and the six areas of eyfs and was going to tick which areas that they cover, but going through the list they pretty much cover all of them, is there a better way of setting out continuous provision or I am on the right track

Jane

sarah707
20-05-2010, 08:18 PM
Most of our resources are holistic in nature... this means that they meet all 6 areas of learning and development.

I would look at how they meet them. So for example during a cooking activity...

Psed - chidlren take turns and share resources; choose favourite recipes;

Cll - follow a recipe; talk about the ingredients;

Psr&n - weigh and measure; talk about changes using words such as 'bigger' and 'smaller'... etc

Hth :D

janey81
20-05-2010, 08:25 PM
Ok, so in my planning folder I have a list of all the resources that we use regularly, such as dressing up clothes, cars, peppa pig, books, board games etc, do I need to individually explain how they link in, i.e. dressing up, CD - using imagination, PD dancing in costume etc or do I just type them up as a list then link to EYFS if I am doing an observation, does this make sense?

Jane

sarah707
20-05-2010, 08:28 PM
Some people make up Continuous provision sheets to show all the links... they do take time but once done they are good for reference.

Some people just have a list and link it to the 6 areas of L&D to evidence that they have a wide range of resources available.

It is totally up to you!:D