PDA

View Full Version : ICP course

Fraggle1
19-05-2010, 08:13 PM
Hiya!

I'm gonna sign up for the ICP course which is for 7 weeks starting in June, however, I will be away for 1 week of the course - can I still do it or will I have to sign up for the next 7 week course in August? Seems a shame that because I will miss out on one week I'd have to wait a couple of months to do the next one.....will they let me catch up on the missed week??

Many thanks :)

monkey62
19-05-2010, 08:18 PM
Not sure ... but I beleive you can't be issued with a cerificate if you haven't attend all the sesions. You can call your LA and ask them.

sarah707
19-05-2010, 08:23 PM
It varies depending on where you live but usually you need to attend all the course as it is a legal requirement.

I would give your local training people a ring.

Good luck! :D

Fraggle1
19-05-2010, 08:27 PM
Thanks for your replies :) I will give them a ring tomorrow - I'm hoping I'd beable to catch up on the one missed during another session - I hope so....I suppose in the mean time I can be doing my health & safeguarding and food hygiene ones...ooooooo fingers crossed. :) xx

snufflepuff
19-05-2010, 08:53 PM
We were told that we had to attend 80% of the course (and also that you dont even need to pass the exam) to register as a childminder. This was on the DHC course.

moljak
19-05-2010, 09:25 PM
There was a girl on my course who was on holiday 1 week.She was able to complete rest of course then join the next group for the one session she missed.Hope you enjoy it :)

Mookins
20-05-2010, 07:26 AM
i missed the first one but caught up on the next one,
you have to have the safeguarding one this one i was told you cannot miss

x x x