PDA

View Full Version : advise please r.e planning sheets

sandy64
19-05-2010, 05:05 PM
hi all my d.w has given me some sheets the other week for planning there set out into 6 eyfs areas then under each theres a square which says development matters she says i dont need to do individual planning? i need to cover 2 in each area linked loosely to my theme. my 3 are two are 2 and 1 11mths and all 3 are at different development stages so finding it hard and surely i wouldnt be able to cover 2 each month from each area. my usual planning was topic web mthly then sarahs individual planning which was fab and easy but now i feel like im back to square one. i use to do obs link then next steps then if there was a development write it on sheet. any advice for a confused tired lady lol:)

sarah707
19-05-2010, 05:10 PM
Your 3 children are the wrong age for themed activities... those are for over 3s!

You are doing absolutely the right thing by planning individually.

Please don't feel you have to change everything if it was working well for you.

Your dw is giving her advice, which you can take or leave! Why do they have to muddle people :( It makes me cross.

Don't fix something that isn't broken :D

sandy64
19-05-2010, 05:21 PM
thanks sarah how would you do the development sheet mthly?? or wouldnt you

miffy
19-05-2010, 05:22 PM
It sounds as though you're doing what the eyfs says - following the children's interests and planning individually for them.

If your system works for you then keep it - you don't have to do what your dw says

Miffy xx

sarah707
19-05-2010, 06:50 PM
thanks sarah how would you do the development sheet mthly?? or wouldnt you

I'm not sure what you mean by development sheet sorry it's been a long day :o :D

hello kitty
20-05-2010, 06:04 AM
As Sarah has already said your dw should be giving you advice and not dictating what you do within your own business. If your systems already work for you then keep them. Don't get bogged down in too much paperwork! ;)