PDA

View Full Version : Advertising before registration

GEM18
18-05-2010, 09:51 PM
Hi

I'm in the process of registering - sending off my application form tomorrow. Am hopeful that I will be registered by September. I have a childminder friend who offered to give my name/number to people who make enquiries to her about vacancies. Is this allowed? Or does it count as advertising, which I was told on the course wasn't allowed until I was registered?

Glenda

Mrs Pootle
19-05-2010, 06:53 AM
Hi, I don't know if it's not allowed, but it's what I'm doing :blush: I've just sent off my forms to ofsted and I'm waiting for the visit. I've already put the word out in the school playground and have had a call from a parent who was passed my number by a registered childminder who doesn't have a place for her child.
I haven't done any business cards or posters yet, but that's only because I can get funding for that from my local council but they don't fund until you have a registration number. God luck with your advertising. Get out and sell yourself!!:clapping:

mama2three
19-05-2010, 07:39 AM
theres no reason you cant advertise yourself , as long as you dont put that you are registered - until you are! Nothing wrong with a card saying joe bloggs childminding , vacancies from July ( if thats when your reg is through) call *******.

monkey62
19-05-2010, 08:07 PM
I dont think is anything wrong to start advertising and saying to will be register from...Obviously you can't start minding before you get your registration ceritificate.

coffee-time
19-05-2010, 09:43 PM
i wish i started advertising earlier, sometimes it can take a while to get any mindees so id start now, like others have said as long as you put that you arent available until sept or whenever.
also you can get free business cards and leaflets from vistaprint (google it) you just pay the postage, definitely worth it. hth.

GEM18
22-05-2010, 10:13 PM
Thank you everyone. I'll start advertising asap.

Toothfairy
23-05-2010, 09:23 AM
There is no harm in getting your name out there and start advertising.
Just remember that it can take up to 8-9 months or longer to become registered, don't put 'Registered childminder' in your adverts until you are and that you cannot take any deposit money or retiner fees until you are registered.

Good luck with your registration :thumbsup: