PDA

View Full Version : Pre-registration and advertising

Kaz1
18-05-2010, 03:43 PM
Hi

I have my initial briefing meeting next week and start the ICP in June. Reading about crb's, doctors forms etc I understand it could take months to get registered. I'm thinking September may be realistic but want to do pre/after school care and if I cant advertise until September presume I'll have missed the boat for that school year and that parents will have already sorted their childcare by then. What are the legalities around advertising pre-registration? Is it wise to advertise only after you are are registered so that you are certain you can take children at a particular date?

pinkbutterfly
18-05-2010, 09:11 PM
I think it's way too early to advertise now. I did all my courses in March and I'm still sitting here waiting for CRBs to come back. You are probably a bit overoptymistic about the dates but hey ... who knows maybe you'll be lucky. I'd put a word around amongst friends etc ... so they have you in mind but as far as advertising goes ... what do you put there ... 'childminder not quite yet registered might have spaces in September if the certificate arrives in time'?? Unless .... you advertise for over 8s then the registration is not needed... and you could have under 8s after the certificate's arrived.

Twinklestars
19-05-2010, 06:03 AM
I started my course last sept and was registered at the beginning of jan and I was a bit slow sending my forms off so would have been earlier, and my crbs took less than 4 weeks including the xmas period so it is possible but if yours are slower you could have to let people down if you don't have your certificate in time. maybe hang on til your course is finished if you can, i did my first aid at the same time as my icp course to spped things up a bit.

Kaz1
19-05-2010, 08:46 AM
[QUOTE=pinkbutterfly;709968'childminder not quite yet registered might have spaces in September if the certificate arrives in time'??

Lol, pinkbutterfly, yes I get your point! Thanks ladies.

Minstrel
19-05-2010, 09:07 AM
I started the ball rolling two yrs ago in april with a view to starting in the following september. It was actually the next MAY before i got my certificate (so 13 months in all) and my first mindees started last september, a year after i first thought.

good luck xxx

francinejayne
19-05-2010, 12:00 PM
My pre-reg nights were in November, I was visited by ofsted at the beg of Dec and sent CRBs off then. My cert came through at the end of Feb. My friend on the same course was visited by Ofsted mid Dec and her cert arrived last week!!!!
So there's just no way to tell how long it will take?!

Mookins
19-05-2010, 01:05 PM
im so eager beaver ive already just put my profile on childcare website

have said that im yet to be registered and cannot legally take on any children but am happy for any enquiries which il keep for when im registered

at least my name is now out there

hope the all come flooding in now :clapping:
x x x