PDA

View Full Version : Posted Ofsted forms!

Mrs Pootle
18-05-2010, 01:28 PM
Well I've finally done it. I've posted my forms to Ofsted and now just need to wait for the call to arrange the pre-reg visit. :panic: Feeling quite nervous, how many policies should I have written up before the visit?

chibault
18-05-2010, 05:30 PM
Ofsted send you a form called preparing for your registration visit, try to fill in as much of this as possible, my mrs o literally asked me each question and noted my answers, then we did the tour of house and garden. I would read through all the questions when you get you form and answer those ones you think you will need prompting for first. It takes longer to fill in than you think so do start as soon as it arrives. I didn't show her my portfolio, as I didn't have it printed out, but great if you already have some done! I didn't have all of the safety latches etc in place but showed her I had bought them. Also would recommend sarah707 ebooks- they are brilliant, plus the book by tanuja and tamsin stone on secrets of success in childminding. And finally of course read you statutory framework for the eyfs.
Goodluck and when she visits, ask her what things impress them during inspections, as they may give you pointers now which they can't once they're inspecting you!
Becky x

Mrs Pootle
18-05-2010, 08:17 PM
Thanks for the tips, I've already started to fill in the pre-reg form and hope to get some time to myself this weekend to work on it some more. Although I'm nervous about the visit I'm also excited that I've got this far.

GEM18
18-05-2010, 10:18 PM
Good luck. I'm posting my forms tomorrow and then reading EYFS every night till my registration visit!

monkey62
19-05-2010, 08:15 PM
Also is a good idea to get started with your risk assesment.