PDA

View Full Version : NVQ3 question (already!)

Helen Dempster
17-05-2010, 08:10 PM
hello. I've just started to do NVQ3 CCLD and am already stuck on the very first assignment DOH!!!

I don't really 'get' what I'm supposed to do - this is what it says:

a) Please research into how to deal with accidents and injuries to explain the correct responses to situations listed below involving accidents and injuries, taking into account the age of the children and the procedures of the setting. Remember to think about the different ages and how responding to a baby will be different to a 5 year old.

And then it lists 15 different problems, from resuss to febrile convulsions.

I'm just wondering how to do this - ie, do they want me to write a little bit on each one, or just simply read up on it?

Please help......

beccas
17-05-2010, 08:13 PM
for this i just listed the accidents/illness and under each one i wrote what yod would do starting at baby age up to eldest child i woud have in my care

iyswim... i used my first aid book..

Helen Dempster
17-05-2010, 08:16 PM
for this i just listed the accidents/illness and under each one i wrote what yod would do starting at baby age up to eldest child i woud have in my care

iyswim... i used my first aid book..

Thanks Beccas! :thumbsup:

Pipsqueak
17-05-2010, 08:49 PM
write it up!

Trouble
17-05-2010, 08:52 PM
the info is in the nvq book:thumbsup:

Helen Dempster
17-05-2010, 09:07 PM
the info is in the nvq book:thumbsup:

Oh...I've not got an NVQ book yet. Do you mean the one by Penny Tassoni, Kath Bulman, Kate Beith and Maria Robinson????

How much do you have to write on each accident? I seem to be going on and on...I'm sure I'm writing far too much :blush:

miffy
17-05-2010, 09:09 PM
Don't write too much - a couple of sentences on each one would do.

If you can get the course book then it has the answers in it :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

Trouble
17-05-2010, 09:10 PM
just write 3 /4 lines :) i dont remember that question?:panic:

dont forget to say you write it in your acc and injury book:thumbsup:

Trouble
17-05-2010, 09:11 PM
borrow the book out of the college library:thumbsup: