PDA

View Full Version : when is a good time?

BlondeMoment
17-05-2010, 04:05 PM
I've yet to tackle an SEF. Been minding now for two months. You reckon I should attempt it now or is it still a bit early? Don't know much about it to be honest

sarah707
17-05-2010, 04:40 PM
Do it a bit at a time, start when you have some spare moments... it won't seem so big if you take it slowly.

You know where we are if you need any help :D

BlondeMoment
18-05-2010, 08:20 AM
LOL Guessing it's big then. Thanks Sarah x

mummyjo
19-05-2010, 08:40 AM
I've been minding for 4 months now and I started mine about 2 weeks ago- only because ofsted are coming in 4 weeks!

A big tip- buy Sarah's e-book! I honestly could not have done it without this- thanks Sarah!!! I am about 1/3 way through now and so far it has taken about 8 hours work- I will be glad when it's done put it that way!

Another tip- save it to your computer/word doc. The firts time I tried to save mine on the ofsted online site it didn't save and I had to re-do it.:(

babs
19-05-2010, 03:59 PM
all this talk about sef i really need to do mine, ive been putting it off and off by the time i get round to it i will be due another inspection...:eek: :eek: :eek:

v 1461
26-05-2010, 01:35 PM
Hello,

It took me about 30 hours to write it and it is far from being perfect!!!!!
It took me a while to answer some of the questions, and there was lots of thinking in between ...
v

BlondeMoment
27-05-2010, 08:18 AM
How often do we have to do them?

sarah707
27-05-2010, 08:32 AM
How often do we have to do them?

It is recommended to keep your SEF updated... at least every 6 months :D

samb
02-09-2010, 07:53 AM
Oh me goodness - I was on here looking for the answer to this exact question - when should I complete my first one? I didn't realise it was a huge document I just presumed it was a quick questionnairre!!! I don't think my early years team covered that very well in my course!!! Think I'd better have a look!

BlondeMoment
06-09-2010, 09:05 AM
Oh me goodness - I was on here looking for the answer to this exact question - when should I complete my first one? I didn't realise it was a huge document I just presumed it was a quick questionnairre!!! I don't think my early years team covered that very well in my course!!! Think I'd better have a look!

I think there are several templates you can use. Mine was given to me by NCMA and is alot more simple than the online one. You may be able to find something similar online somwhere. There are apparently no rules on which form you have to work from/fill in etc x

jadylasa
06-09-2010, 09:08 AM
It is recommended to keep your SEF updated... at least every 6 months :D

:panic: :panic:
Oh no, I've been minding 12 months......and haven't done it! I wouldn't know where to start, what do you do?

Carol M
06-09-2010, 12:48 PM
Well I started one 18mths ago then filed it in the draw:laughing:
I now use my PD file and make notes in there and I know I should be filling it in but just can't seem to get a starting point as I'm constantly evaluating and changing or adding things. Think I need to stop for a month , write it all up then start again,but there is always something else to be done that takes priority!
It is the ONE thing that I get my knickers in a twist about. Oh and RA's, but thats a different thread!
Carol xx

BlondeMoment
06-09-2010, 12:53 PM
:laughing: I get my knickers in a twist about all of it LOL! Sleepless nights, endless sheets of screwed up paper, you name it. Been there. My arms have ached with the amount of time I've spent surfing the net. Still there with some of it all. This website is brilliant tho!