PDA

View Full Version : How many of you have tv's?

marzi
17-05-2010, 01:32 PM
In your playroom i mean lol.

Curiosity has got the better of me i guess, i was wondering about having a small tv for things like something special etc and my playroom is ground floor and my lounge is middle floor, i have a three storey house.

miss mopple
17-05-2010, 01:38 PM
I have but tbh the tv doesnt go on at all for mindees so its only in there so I dont have to listen to cbeebies when my kids watch it at the weekend

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
17-05-2010, 01:58 PM
Yes we do, the children get to watch it at home time just so everyone is settled whilst we say goodbye to each other

cs01
17-05-2010, 03:07 PM
I do but my playroom also serves as a family room for my older children so they use the room when mindees go home. (I also go in there to watch TV if the footie is on ;)) I do put the tv on occasionally for mindees, usually at the end of the day when they are worn out and ready to go home.

huggableshelly
17-05-2010, 03:08 PM
i have no playroom as the lounge is the main play area so kiddies have the big tv. It goes on for 30 mins after lunch then the afterschoolies have it on if they want chill time.

naartjies
17-05-2010, 03:12 PM
I am the same as cso1. Also we have a WII and Xbox, with 3 kids and TV to watch I would never get a look in otherwise, thinking of having a small on in the kitchen - that only I can control:idea:

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
17-05-2010, 03:12 PM
Yes we do, but to be honest it doesn't get put on very much, saying that we have had it in there about a year now and I would say it has been on no more than 5 times.

Alibali
17-05-2010, 03:20 PM
I do, it's rarely on but can be useful on occasion.

Twinklestars
17-05-2010, 03:26 PM
I use my front room too so my big one is in there, don't have it on much though

caz3007
17-05-2010, 03:31 PM
I have one, but we have two lounges, one is used for childminding and for my own children at the weekend. We do sometimes watch Something special and Thomas as my LO's like these and the much older after schoolies sometimes have it on too

wendywu
17-05-2010, 03:51 PM
I do have one and my after schoolers will sometimes chill out and watch a DVD after tea. :D

CHUNKY MONKEY
17-05-2010, 06:06 PM
I personally would't have a tv for minded children, my daughter doesn't watch tv. We have books, puzzles etc for quiete time.

But its up to you
:waving: :D

sarak31
17-05-2010, 06:13 PM
I do and use it for chill out time. Especially for 3 / 4 year olds who won't sleep in the day anymore but who get really tired after lunch and need a rest to get through the rest of the day - sometimes a watch of the TV curled up with a cuddly toy is all they need to recharge.

monkey62
17-05-2010, 08:16 PM
I don't have a play room, we use as a playroom our living room. Kids can have around 15-20 min after lunch when I put younger children in a bed and I prepare some stuff for afternoon activities and also in the evening after tea until home time.
I have a no toys after dinner rule , so children can tidy up all the toys before dinner, and we can have only books,game boards, maybe a floor puzzle or snap cards, DVD, TV or music time after dinner.
Is better for everyone, so I don't have to start to put toys away after my mindees are leaving. The rule is working very well with my own kids as well they are 6 and 3.

sarah707
17-05-2010, 08:37 PM
I used to have a TV in the playroom but we didn't use it so I had dp take it down.

We have one in the living room which the children watch after tea. :D