PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth joining a book club - Newly Registered.

Leelee
17-05-2010, 12:32 PM
I have a few nice books that have been bought in the past for my own son, but know I'll need alot more and was thinking of joining a book club??? Anyone recommend a book club?

miss mopple
17-05-2010, 12:34 PM
I would use the library instead. You can take up to 30 books at a time out here so the kids never get bored of them :thumbsup:

AnnieM
17-05-2010, 12:53 PM
The Book People, no commitments to purchase any books, no books sent out whether you want them or not and they have some great offers, you also get points for each book purchased, which you can then spend on books when you have enough. :thumbsup: Car boot sales are one of the best places for getting books though and the library of course. :)

Mookins
17-05-2010, 12:58 PM
im currently with Books for children...so expensive, and theyve changed the rules now so you have to pay for returns aswel as delivery unles you spend £25 or more and delivery is free

had to purchase so many of the editors choice to begin with and they are really expensive.

ive managed to get loads from the sales but they so stupid recently sent me 11 of a dinner setting game instead of 1... so ive now got to send these back and pay for the cost!! grrr

get on your local freecycle people always giving away books in my area

x x x

venus89
17-05-2010, 01:04 PM
I'd recommend the Book People too - they seel the books just as cheaply as a book club but you're never obliged to buy anything. Plus when you do buy them then you can earn points which you can use to pay for another book....

We also get loads of our books from the charity shops.

Ad, as the others say, the library - if you get a childminder ticket you can take out stacks of books and they don't charge you late fees

Chell
17-05-2010, 01:05 PM
I use the Book People, Red House are also very good.

bexcee
20-05-2010, 10:12 AM
I also use The Book People and would definately recommend them. if you join a book club you are committed to buying so many books a year.

miffy
20-05-2010, 08:58 PM
I'd check out some charity shops - you can pick up some lovely books for pennies.

Miffy xx

Celyn
20-05-2010, 09:51 PM
I use the Book People and Red House. Whatever book club you use, make sure you aren't tied into a commitment to buy a certain number of books, or having to reject the book of the month or whatever.

If you go with the Book People, I think you can let them know you're a childminder and they'll give you free postage.

TheBTeam
21-05-2010, 03:32 PM
Do you know any schools that have stalls of second hand stuff at their summer fayres, I get all of mine now from my schools summer fayre, they are virtually giving them away and they have been fantastic quality.

You can also get good value books from places like The Works.

Carol
21-05-2010, 08:34 PM
Dont forget car boot sales too.