PDA

View Full Version : new risk assessment for flat hallway/stairs

Joannechildmind
17-05-2010, 08:32 AM
Hi i wonder if someone would look over my risk assessment for the communal area/ stairway outside my flat.

I have made a start just cant think of anything else.

Thanks

Joannechildmind
18-05-2010, 09:03 AM
bumping :)

sonia ann
18-05-2010, 10:07 AM
Is it just one flight of stairs?
Can you see from top to bottom?
You say it is communal? How many people have access?
Is there a risk from unknown people?
Can the front door be secured to stop children leaving whist you are carrying a baby upstairs? Can you see them at all times?
Can you see a baby at the top of the stairs in a pushchair whilst helping lo's up?

With out knowing the actual set up it is difficult to RA your situation.....not sure how you get round having to help 3 at the same time

Joannechildmind
18-05-2010, 10:26 AM
Thanks for answering, Yes its a difficult one.

It is three flights but im only on the 1st floor so just one flight for us,

yes i can see from top to bottom

6 people have access all of whom usually work during minded hours

there is a lock on the front door that can only be opened from inside or if they buzz (intercom) to relevent flat

I usually leave a buggy up at the top of the stairs so i can put baby (14mths) in while helping up the 2 toddlers ( 18mths and 2.5) yes they can be seen and heard at all times

yes baby upstairs can be seen and herd while helping older ones up.

The two toddlers have been taught to hold the handrail to walk up and generally i stand behind them holding the youngest ones hand.

sonia ann
18-05-2010, 10:33 AM
ok ........you have obviously really thought about it............now all you have to do is make sure that you incorporate all this as you have written it,in your risk assessment so Ofsted can see you have identified the problem , the level of the risk and how you will minimise the risk.:)

Joannechildmind
18-05-2010, 11:31 AM
lol yes have tried lots of different ways and this seems to work.
Just need to word it correctly on my risk assessment