PDA

View Full Version : World Cup

Pauline
17-05-2010, 07:24 AM
So, are you into football? Will you be watching the World Cup avidly or will you be off shopping/sunbathing (LOL) or generally doing something else?

Do you get into the spirit of it all, paint your face, have a flag and watch every match?

Who will you be supporting?

:)

angeldelight
17-05-2010, 07:28 AM
ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Yes I will be watching I love the footie more so when its my team or the cup

Everyone usually comes to our house to watch it so it will be good and fun , some of them will have a flag but no face painting unless the little ones want it done

What about you Pauline ?

Angel xxx

Pauline
17-05-2010, 07:37 AM
Yes we love it too. If we are away we watch it on the portable TV or on the campsite TV.

Last two times we have been in France and the campsites opened the bar at all hours to show the matches. One was at 7.30 am!! One set up a giant screen.

It was great, French, English, German, Dutch and other nationalities all sharing a bit of banter - even though some couldn't speak the language, football talk is universal!! :laughing:

Come on England :clapping::clapping:

maisiemog
17-05-2010, 08:22 AM
Oh yes!!!

We're footy mad in our house, both with the normal league and internationals!!!

Can't wait for it to start!!! DH has even booked the days off work that England are playing on! We'll prob have people over here and a BBQ as we've got the most room!!

Go ENGLAND!!!!

Mouse
17-05-2010, 08:29 AM
I don't have much choice with a football mad hubby & 3 football mad sons :rolleyes:

They will watch any match at all that's on the telly...league, international, five-a-side, beach football. If there are 2 teams kicking a football about, they'll be watching!

I will watch some of the matches, but I'm generally doing something else at the same time (on the laptop, sewing, reading). If I get really sick of it, DD & I go shopping :thumbsup:

But we do have the wall chart up & update it after each match. And I do let hubby put flags on the car & maybe hang one out of the bedroom window if England are doing well :laughing:

Roseolivia
17-05-2010, 08:44 AM
We're not fans in our house but we will watch the England matches and next months theme is based around the World Cup

Daddy Day Care
17-05-2010, 09:03 AM
Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes and YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Really cant wait for it to start, altho i know ill be heartbroken after we get knocked out in the quater finals on penalties.

Was a great start for the summer yesterday with the ENGLAND cricket team whooping the Aussies in the world 20/20 finals.

CMON ENGLAND

GAreth
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

AnnieM
17-05-2010, 09:07 AM
I hate football and am very fortunate that my DH does too. :D we are doing the World Cup as our theme for next month though as I look after 6 boys who all like football, we will be concentrating mainly on the cultural side of it though, with the exception of a visit to Sheffield United football ground and designing football shirts, oh and the boys are making a table top blow football game, so have to research the markings on the pitch as I am clueless!! :p

I hope England win the World Cup and if my DS is here we will probably have to watch the England matches. :rolleyes:

LOOPYLISA
17-05-2010, 09:33 AM
Yes we will be watching England :clapping:

louise
17-05-2010, 09:33 AM
I have found myself being a bit more interested. I hate football but my ds who is 6 loves it. I have been amazed by what football has taught him. I have been helping him do the fifa online sticker album and i noticed he was naming the flags. The other day i printed the flags for him to stick with the name and he only got two confused and that was the ones i expected as the flags are so similar.
I have even said he can watch the match that starts at 3 as the rest are on at bedtime. He has a chart for him to fill in. Its great watching him be so involved but costing a bit as nearly every shop is selling football related products.

kindredspirits
17-05-2010, 11:32 AM
Yep - I will be watching - only ever watch the big international matches - this year I have put a bet on New Zealand to win :laughing: the odds were outstanding 2000/1 - so I put £1 on and if by some stroke of luck they win i'll make £2000! :eek:

TheBTeam
17-05-2010, 11:46 AM
Oh yes in our house when you not playing it you are watching it!

ENGLAND to win!:rolleyes:

Bushpig
17-05-2010, 12:23 PM
I enjoy football, we are Spurs fans :thumbsup:

It being in South Africa has my interest mosty, I do not have much hope for the Saffa soccer/football team though :rolleyes: ... but will be supporting them for sure.

I am sure we will watch every match we are able to! :D

''Do you get into the spirit of it all, paint your face, have a flag and watch every match?''

We are going to Cardiff (Millennium Stadium) to watch the rugby btwn Wales and South Africa in June.. and we have our Saffa tops, Saffa caps, Saffa tattoos for the cheeks and Saffa flags at the ready!!! :clapping:

Playmate
17-05-2010, 12:30 PM
I will be doing everything in my power to avoid it :D As hubby and son are Chelsea supporters I've already had enough this weekend! fortunately I have 2 daughters who are not interested either so hopefully they will keep me sane :D

Ticktoria
17-05-2010, 12:39 PM
We can't wait! But living in Wales we won't be decorating the house or the car :p But we will be sitting in the house in our England shirts :D

We both have a sense of humour when the rugbys on and when our friends support whoever England are playing, but football is a different matter! We're having a world cup party on the 12th (Englands first match), BBQ in the afternoon, beer and snacks at game time. My cheekiest friend has been advised that if she turns up singing the star spangled banner she will not be allowed to enter :laughing:

Daddy Day Care
17-05-2010, 05:17 PM
Yep - I will be watching - only ever watch the big international matches - this year I have put a bet on New Zealand to win :laughing: the odds were outstanding 2000/1 - so I put £1 on and if by some stroke of luck they win i'll make £2000! :eek:

lol id have given you 3000/1 :panic: :panic:

sweets
17-05-2010, 06:25 PM
am i the only one that HATES FOOTBALL?

i will be avoiding it at all costs

and i will moan everytime that corrie is not on because of silly little men chasing after a ball.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

estrelas
17-05-2010, 06:37 PM
I hate football and am very fortunate that my DH does too. :D we are doing the World Cup as our theme for next month though as I look after 6 boys who all like football, we will be concentrating mainly on the cultural side of it though, with the exception of a visit to Sheffield United football ground and designing football shirts, oh and the boys are making a table top blow football game, so have to research the markings on the pitch as I am clueless!! :p

I hope England win the World Cup and if my DS is here we will probably have to watch the England matches. :rolleyes:

hmmm i may sleal this idea
Never though of doing a cultur side of it, we could learn the flags etc :idea:
i only look after girls tho but i'm sure they would love it!

angiemog
17-05-2010, 06:45 PM
I love watching England play and I do get quite vocal at times. I CANNOT BEAR to watch penalties I cover my eyes and am on the edge of my seat.
We were in Gran Canaria last time and we watched it on a huge screen, lots of fans singing. Was great......xxx

Heaven Scent
17-05-2010, 08:16 PM
As Ireland was robbed by the French - with that hand ball issue thingy, I will probably have to watch it to show support to DS, DH & DD in that order as DH is only a fair weather supporter and only ever watched Ireland & England World Cup Matches etc - until DS persuaded him to watch some Man U and some other England Matches.

I am way worse than DH and only watch World Cup Matches with Ireland in and that is because for years they never made the world cup for years and years and England were just too good for words - then one year Ireland were in it the whole country went mad and Irish world cup fever even spread across the auld pond to here. There was a year where England went out before Ireland & DH & I used to take DS to school and come back to the pub to have breakfast and watch the matches. When Ireland were knocked out that year we were in the pub eating our sunday lunches - I just couldn't watch the penalties.

There will be flags etc festooned all over the house - its a bit sad that just like the last world cup there will only be St Georges Crosses festooning the house and Garden but I'm sure that one year soonish the Green White and Orange Tricolour will have its day again!!!!