PDA

View Full Version : pre-reg visit - policies

claire33
16-05-2010, 03:32 PM
hi
need a little help do i need all policies ready for pre reg visit or would some ready and a list of ones i plan to do be enough
thank you for any advice

mama2three
16-05-2010, 05:06 PM
By my prereg inspection i had done 2 policies , safeguarding was one - just to see if they were right / in enough depth etc and check i was on the right tracks. I had a list of others i would do , and she gave me some suggestions on how to 'merge' some to cut down on paperwork etc. I had completed full house risk assessments , and garden , and that was all.
In general they dont want to check paperwork at this point , just to check your understanding of your role , attitude to risk , responsibilities etc - all in the preparing for your registration visit booklet.
Good Luck x

claire33
16-05-2010, 05:20 PM
thank you for your reply
one other question about policies, should parents get a copy to keep or just made available to them and should i get them to sign a form stating which policies they have been given?
thanks for the help

sarah707
16-05-2010, 06:21 PM
They must be able to read your policies and procedures whenever they want.

They might also be given a copy of them... I offer a copy on CD if the parents want them.

I also keep a copy on the shelf with all their other paperwork so they can browse if they wish.

Never in 16 years has a parent wanted to see them... but they are there in case :laughing:

I inform parents via my newsletters if I have made changes to my p & ps giving them a month to read and make comments.

Hth :D

claire33
16-05-2010, 06:58 PM
thank you sarah thats a great help:)