PDA

View Full Version : Behavior Management Training???

Leelee
14-05-2010, 05:28 AM
I'm trying to find some help, more for myself than for work! I am currently not minding due to being pregnant, but really want to do it after baby is born. (was registered in Feb 10) The only thing that I'm not confident about is dealing with unwanted behaviour, my son is really testing my patience lately and I'm worried about mindee's acting like this and how I would cope! Are there any training courses specifically for behaviour management??? Cus I'd really like to do one, or are there any good book recommendations?

huggableshelly
14-05-2010, 05:50 AM
contact your local development officer or childrens center, they will have a list of scheduled training sessions but also tell them what you would like to do and they may then beable to point you in the right direction.

The Juggler
14-05-2010, 06:24 AM
you could also go on one of the parent targeted courses - lots of children's centres run the Webster Stratton courses and most GP surgeries - TBH the one I went on for childminding was VERY basic and I came away none the wiser about how to deal with bitign or very severe behaviours.