PDA

View Full Version : Another thing - gas safety check?

Tippy Toes
13-05-2010, 10:17 AM
Hello me again, sorry :blush:

Do you know the gas boiler check we have done does this need to be done yearly? Mine expired end of March (I thought May!) and I cant afford to get it checked until the end of May! :panic:

With my inspection looming Im worried this is bad bad bad! :panic:

aly
13-05-2010, 11:28 AM
We have a sefrvice thingy with british gas {even though we are with swalec} its only so much a month..why not do it that way?

Merry-Minder
13-05-2010, 11:38 AM
I have never heard of boiler checks?!!!

I was never asked in my inspection?? Would that not mean that all your electricals would have to be PAT tested??

manjay
13-05-2010, 11:47 AM
Twinkletime is in Wales so we have different regulations. The National Minimum Standards require you to have an annual boiler check and to produce the certificate. I would get one booked for when you know you can afford it and then make a note in your diary or whatever you use. This way you can prove to the inspector that you are aware and are dealing with it.

Tippy Toes
14-05-2010, 09:20 AM
Thanks again for everyones reply :)

dawn37
16-05-2010, 05:52 PM
I was never asked whether I had my boiler checked regularly when the inspector came round or by the Network co-ordinator, is this something that they would normally do?:rolleyes: Think I had better make sure I keep up with the regular service, if anything goes wrong with our boiler it is normally fixed through a grant as I have a disabled daughter :)

manjay
21-05-2010, 04:21 PM
I was never asked whether I had my boiler checked regularly when the inspector came round or by the Network co-ordinator, is this something that they would normally do?:rolleyes: Think I had better make sure I keep up with the regular service, if anything goes wrong with our boiler it is normally fixed through a grant as I have a disabled daughter :)

On the documentation list for the Network there is a requirement for Gas safety certificate checks. Unless it has changed since I did it.