PDA

View Full Version : Self Assessment - Confused??

Tippy Toes
13-05-2010, 10:14 AM
Hello everyone

I feel a bit stupid:blush: Had my self assessment pack in the post beginning of April, completed it all and sent it back by end of April (still awaiting inspection :panic: )

Thinking about it now Im not sure ive completed it right as I did not send back a report? Im just totally confused about what im supposed to be doing :blush: I have been childminding a yr so this is my first self assessment.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Thanks

aly
13-05-2010, 11:29 AM
is it hte SAF with CSSIW you mean?

I didnt send a report but cssiw will send you one after your inspection...just had my 1st one in march.

manjay
13-05-2010, 11:42 AM
I think you probably mean your Quality of Care report. You are legally obliged to complete one of these each year and have them available for CSSIW Inspectors to see. It is basically a reflective document to show how you fulfil the standards and what changes you have made to your practice over the 12 months. I hadn't done one when I had my first inspection but they were a relatively new requirement then. Your inspector will probably go through how to set one out when they come to see you.

Pm me if you need anymore help

amanda x

Tippy Toes
14-05-2010, 09:18 AM
Thanks very much for your replies :)

tulip0803
15-05-2010, 06:13 PM
Did your SAF contain a Quality of care form which included things like changes to policies & courses etc? I did that & a report & was told by CSSIW insp that I only needed to do one so I now just use the Quality of Care form from CSSIW to do it each year.