PDA

View Full Version : I got the call! What next?

LeeAnn
12-05-2010, 06:52 AM
I got "the call" yesterday! I have my first ever inspection on Fri at 2pm!

What should I expect?

Do I offer her a cup of tea?

How do I talk to her and play with mindee? Should I set up an activity to do with them? Will she just hover around or sit with my paperwork?

I have obv only ever had my pre reg visits, we sat and chatted , had a cup of tea and she wandered around my house. It will have to be different this time as I am actually minding!

I like my CCO and it is def hef coming out so I feel ok about it at the mo, hope I am not lulling myself into a false sense of security!

sarah707
12-05-2010, 06:56 AM
Yes to the cup of tea... also show her where the loo is.

Plan activities the children are used to so you don't come unstuck with them playing up over something different.

You focus on the children, the inspector will fit in around their needs.

Good luck! :D

LeeAnn
13-05-2010, 09:05 AM
Thanks Sarah, I am so looking forward to it being over!

I think I might just have one mindee and neither of my own kids Mindee is always really content. I think I will put out some gluing or the play doh or something

nikki874
13-05-2010, 07:27 PM
hi there, my cco sat at my table looking through my paperwork and asked the odd question while i done painting activity with the kids.Just relax and do wot u would normally do any other day and Im sure you will be fine :)

:) GOOD LUCK :)

LeeAnn
14-05-2010, 12:43 PM
All ready for her to arrive sitting playing playdoh with mindee and my tummy is in knots!!! Dd is asleep I so hope she wakes in a good mood!!

Any chance we can be graded on homemade brownies?? Lol mindee and I made a batch this morning :)

miffy
14-05-2010, 12:45 PM
Good luck, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Bribery by brownie is worth a try! :D

Miffy xx

LeeAnn
14-05-2010, 06:42 PM
I am so happy!!!! Inspection went very well :) I got all 5s, apart from one thing, and the only reason I got a 4 was because I haven't been running a whole year , but she is going to discuss if with her colleague and it may go up to a 5.

Apparently I am really on the right track and could expect 6s next year if I continue as I am!!!

Honestly I can't tell you how happy and relieved I feel! Also my son came home from a 5 night school trip to Paris! I am one happy lady !

Thanks for all of your support!! Xx