PDA

View Full Version : finally got round to it!

**tinkerbell**
11-05-2010, 02:58 PM
well, after months of deliberating i finally sent off my application form (i'm in the scottish borders) - the care commission have contacted me to say they're going ahead with everything, and i just got a call from the fire service about coming out - the man said "we're in the next village on tuesday so we'll come across" :panic: slightly concerned! the other girls i've spoken to only had one person - do you think he was literally meaning 'we' or he was talking about the fire service in general?!

stupid thing to worry about, but i'm nervous enough already!

anyway, hi everyone :) this is a big step for me - i don't have any children of my own and i'm a young newlywed -- used to be a nursery nurse but didn't like the whole nursery bit. so i'm literally starting from scratch and a bit overwhelmed!:eek:

sarah707
11-05-2010, 05:17 PM
Well done you!

You might get a fire prevention team in a little van, they go round with alarms and information.

Good luck with it all! Let us know how you're getting on :D

caz3007
11-05-2010, 05:46 PM
I would want the full works, the engine and a complete crew :blush:

Mind you as I can see the fire station from my house and they used to practise a couple of doors down on a firemans house, used to get lots of time of oggling. Funnily enough myself and a couple of other childminders were talking about the fireman today and how all our mindies get regular walks past the fire station, to wave at the firemen :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

**tinkerbell**
12-05-2010, 03:10 PM
I would want the full works, the engine and a complete crew :blush:

Mind you as I can see the fire station from my house and they used to practise a couple of doors down on a firemans house, used to get lots of time of oggling. Funnily enough myself and a couple of other childminders were talking about the fireman today and how all our mindies get regular walks past the fire station, to wave at the firemen :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: yeah but not round my house picking it to pieces and telling me how likely i am to start a fire!!:panic: lol

coffee-time
12-05-2010, 09:03 PM
i had an older fireman who gave the safety chat and 2 rather nice firemen who put up my free smoke alarms! they were only here for about 10 mins, came in their fire engine!! my kids thought it was great!!