PDA

View Full Version : Grrrr - just had a go at my neighbours' kid

venus89
10-05-2010, 05:39 PM
Having chucked the ball over the fence three times in a ten minute space my dd, who was answering the door when the kid knocked to get their ball back, said 'last chance'. So when they chucked it over again a few minutes later we all ignored it. Dh and dd carried on eating and I carried on being on hold on the phone..... So they knocked and knocked for 5 minutes (!) and then started peering in through the lounge window. So I opened the door and told them that they were being really rude and I was NOT chucking their ball back because they'd already been told we weren't chucking it over again! Hah. Anyone else want a piece of me?! :blush:

TammyN
10-05-2010, 05:42 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :clapping: get you tonight, i'm glad im not your neighbour.
it is annoying isn't it, i'm lucky as my neighbours tell their children if the ball goes over they don't knock for it but can ask when they see us outside! my lo's aren't older enough to play out yet but would also tell them not to bother neighbours!

nannymcflea
10-05-2010, 05:46 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: Scary Lady.:laughing: :laughing:

We have a very low hedge between us and next door and the ball,frisbee,shuttlecock etc etc go over constantly, luckily we have access and the kids are allowed to go and get it.

I have told my neighbour and my kids that if the ball goes over too often then Bill has the right to puncture it!:laughing:

kindredspirits
10-05-2010, 05:52 PM
:laughing: once is fair enough but i'd be p'eed off with it constantly as well - especially during dinner etc.
i had a go at my step-daughters neighbour the other day - they have a band (very amatur band) that plays regularly on a friday evening at their house until late - its a very flimsy built semi so you can hear someone breathing next door - on the sat. my sdd knocked to tell them it was her 16th birthday party that night and they'd have music playing, he told her he didn't want it on too late.... so i gave him a piece of my mind considering he plays his live band every friday until 1-2am. :angry: :rolleyes:

Ripeberry
10-05-2010, 06:13 PM
A neighbour's teenage daughter is smoking but does not want her parents to find out, so she goes behind our house (by the garages) and has a sneaky smoke when walking the dogs.
Problem is, she chucks the butts over our wall into the garden. I only just saw her today, as I was wondering where all the butts were coming from.
And I had been collecting them and putting them in the bin.
I think now I'll collect them all and chuck them on their drive and see how they like it :angry:

Ripeberry
10-05-2010, 06:13 PM
By the way, this girl is only 15yrs old :(

Tina O
10-05-2010, 06:43 PM
Can you come and sort out my neighbours kids please?????

I live in Germany (with British Forces) and some of the (British) kids on my street will stand on the road and shout abuse at the locals (Germans) and call them also sorts of names that I'm sure I do not have to mention here... we have police involvment and allsorts going on........

Alibali
10-05-2010, 06:48 PM
I'm sensing some PMT?!! Scary neighbour!

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
10-05-2010, 06:50 PM
We had this problem when I was younger and my dad would not give the ball back as we got fed up with it. Well they called the police and the police were going to arrest my dad if he didn't throw the ball back :angry:

Merry-Minder
10-05-2010, 06:54 PM
My neighbour likes to have bonfires on the most gorgeous open your windows hang your washing out weather!! - im a bit of a push over but my other neighbour isnt and promptly shouted out the window and called him a pillock - job done :D

venus89
10-05-2010, 07:09 PM

Lol - not at all. But last time it came over the fence about 15 times and I was working. It got to the stage that when my mindees mum turned up and knocked on the door my 1 year old mindee ran to the door shouting 'ball garden'!

christine e
10-05-2010, 07:14 PM
If anyone here kicks/throws a ball into a neighbouring garden we just wait for the neighbours to throw it back in their own good time - i do not let the children go bothering my neighbours!

Cx

Daisy1956
10-05-2010, 07:28 PM
when the balls ,frisbees etc go over my next door we just wait for them to throw them back. After trimming back in Autumn we end up with loads most not even ours:)

Minstrel
10-05-2010, 07:30 PM
If anyone here kicks/throws a ball into a neighbouring garden we just wait for the neighbours to throw it back in their own good time - i do not let the children go bothering my neighbours!

Cx

Same here!

venus89
10-05-2010, 07:48 PM

I take it back! I just opened the fridge to put away the bilk my husband had left out and the new 4 pint bottle fell on the floor, broke and poured everywhere (the cat thought it was great!) and had a go at him for it :blush: so maybe you're right!

FizzysFriends
10-05-2010, 07:58 PM
My dog claims any stray footballs/tennis balls in our garden and they get popped or broke so they never get returned.

Ticktoria
10-05-2010, 08:35 PM
My dog claims any stray footballs/tennis balls in our garden and they get popped or broke so they never get returned.

Same here, by the time I get to know they've knocked one over, my two have made a meal of it :laughing:

Twinklestars
12-05-2010, 12:56 PM
i live next to a park and the latest game is golf, i found a golf ball next to my drive and luckily it hadn't damaged anything, i made sure they knew they would get a bill for any smashed windows.

a couple of days after, the police came cos a greenhouse got smashed at the other side, they haven't played since!!

Alibali
12-05-2010, 01:09 PM
I take it back! I just opened the fridge to put away the bilk my husband had left out and the new 4 pint bottle fell on the floor, broke and poured everywhere (the cat thought it was great!) and had a go at him for it :blush: so maybe you're right!

Ah, I thought so:laughing: Dropsy too, must be a certaintity:laughing: