PDA

View Full Version : Observation help

Fabby
10-05-2010, 12:17 PM
This is my 1st obs so anyones help will be much appreciated.
We have been to stay and play today and outside they had a gutter pipe set up on a slant with cars out to be pushed down. I showed my 23 month old mindee how it worked and she loved it! She kept going back to it and there was about 6 different kinds of cars, trains etc out for them to use and she would push each one down the gutter after saying 'ready, steady go' untill she had pushed all the cars etc down. I then fetched a ball to show her the ball could go down too. I would like to extend on this because she enjoyed it so much and was clapping herself but just a little unsure on where to take it from here. :blush: What would you do apart from setting one up yourself in your own garden?

noble76
10-05-2010, 12:33 PM
Wow sounds like she had a fabulous time. Hope you got some good pictures.

Perhaps to take this further would be to provide different tubes size with different size objects (depending on what’s appropriate for her). So tin foil tube, Turkey foil tube (slightly bigger) A section of drain pipe from you local hardware shop, this can be quite cheap, I went into my local carpet shop before and they gladly cut me of some of the tubes they had there, small footballs fit down these well. I propped them up along plastic kiddies chairs and they have played for hours with these and learnt so much.

From an observation point of view it can potential cover so much depending on what the child or children do.

Hope that helps.

green puppy
10-05-2010, 12:43 PM
You can also channel water down it with rubber ducks and boats or other water creatures. If you can set up more than one you can channel water from one to the other.

mama2three
10-05-2010, 12:50 PM
I would definately get some tubes for home , either cardboard or guttering ..mine are always in use somewhere , whether its for cars / balls etc or sand / water/ rice etc. She might like ramps too so she can watch everything racing down . Lots of babytoys have balls / cars etc going down ramps so it maight be worth getting them back out as she'll get different things from them now.
The sensory tubes with feathers etc would complement this , as would rainmakers etc to listen to and watch the tiny beads.
She may be enjoying the dissapearing and returning aspect , maybe extend with hide the teddy etc...then can add in lots of positional language vocabulary too.

Fabby
10-05-2010, 01:07 PM
THANKU!!! They are fab ideas and i am going to note them all down. I didn't take a photo no, really wish i had done now! Im sure there will be another photo opportunity when we do it again if she enjoys it as much has she did today!!