PDA

View Full Version : risk assessments

tomo123
09-05-2010, 11:00 AM
~Im just starting to do risk assessments for the first time, and wondered if we are supposed to do an assessment everyday? For example im doing one now for walking to the park, but we go everyday, so does that mean i have to one each time we go???!!

Many thanks

Pipsqueak
09-05-2010, 11:48 AM
no you don't have to do one every day you only need RA's for each type of outing including school runs.
you review them (recommended) annually or when an incident occurs or when a new child starts or a childs abilities etc change making a marked difference - ie a non-walker who is now a walker
you don't need to rewrite your RA but just put your revised notes on the one you have and date it. it shows its a working document.

you may have a generic out and about RA which you can x-ref to you going to park a, park b, park c but you may need separate RA's for park a, b, c as the properties at each park will be specific to that park iyswim.

sarah707
09-05-2010, 12:06 PM
Mine are covered in notes and additions and dates when things have been different or changed.

It's all part of showing, like Pips says, that they are working documents :D

moljak
09-05-2010, 08:52 PM
I've spent all day writing my risk assessments and organinsing my Risk assessment folder.
I've been using Sarahs fab ebook for guidance.Made it so much easier to write and understand.My pronter was in overdrive though lol.
Pleased with my weekend though, now just have to get my planning folder into action before looking at my SEf :eek: