PDA

View Full Version : Do i need to this?

Fabby
08-05-2010, 05:32 PM
At the moment i have a weekly planning sheet set up with days of the week and it all broke down into times of the day, very much like a timetable kind iof thing. I don't want to have a 'timetable' as such mainly because i will be having under 3's in the day and i understand it is about following the childs interests.

I have read and read posts today and i know that some of you have 'loose' planning for the week, extended from your 'medium' planning and it is planned to meet the individual child's interests. Am i going in the right track....... im stressing!!

Also, how would a CP sheet be set out to show the activities that are available from day to day? Im not sure how to set this out...

sarah707
08-05-2010, 05:51 PM
Your routine can be as loose as...

Monday
AM
outing to park with snack
free play while lunch is being prepared
lunch
PM
rest time
free play - inside and out
school collection
organised activity or free play - inside and out
tea
leaving time

:D

Fabby
08-05-2010, 05:58 PM
Is this what you do Sarah?

Right so my list of planning paperwork to have in place is....
CP (how do i set this out on paper?)
Daily routine weekly planner (is this also classed as short term planning?)
Individual Planning (to meet the eyfs of the ages and stages of where that child is at?)
Medium Planning (is this say monthly planning, that includes some of your long term planning?)
Long Term Planning (birthdays, festivals, seasonal, celebrations?)

Am i thinking right?

Thanks for anyones input x:)

sarah707
08-05-2010, 06:35 PM
Is this what you do Sarah?

Yes I keep my routine planning very loose so that I can be flexible and follow children's interests.

Right so my list of planning paperwork to have in place is....
CP (how do i set this out on paper?)

Continuous provision planning is not quick to set up. It is not used by everyone and is not required.

It just basically shows how a range of your activities meet the L & D requirements and sometimes the principles of the Eyfs.

It saves time if you use it alongside your normal planning and obs.

I'd stop worrying about it if I were you and focus on getting the rest in place as that's more important for now.

Daily routine weekly planner (is this also classed as short term planning?)

Yes I would say so

Individual Planning (to meet the eyfs of the ages and stages of where that child is at?)

Yes absolutely!

Medium Planning (is this say monthly planning, that includes some of your long term planning?)

It's long term planning in action.

there's little point in planning loads of things long term because children's interests change.

They are much more relevant if you plan them when you know what the children want to do nearer the time.

Long Term Planning (birthdays, festivals, seasonal, celebrations?)

Yes!

Am i thinking right?

Thanks for anyones input x:)

Sounds good to me :D

Fabby
09-05-2010, 08:19 PM
Thanks for that Sarah!! xxx