PDA

View Full Version : PDP - Personal Development Plan

rainbowmummy
06-05-2010, 11:16 AM
PDP is a personal development plan for ourselves. Where we see ourselves moving professionally (courses etc)

I am required to have one for a course I am doing but have never had one of any kind before.

Any ideas for a format or structure I would be very grateful. Also things that you have in yours as I am not sure what the content should be :o

Thanks
x

The Juggler
06-05-2010, 11:32 AM
Hi. Well we were told there was no right or wrong way. I would get yourself a nice lever arch file and section it. Look at your learning objectives and they might give an outline also of what they expect to be in it.

We had to do 30 reflective journals (over a year) so that was one section.

Then we had personal development plans - 4 I think - so maybe, improve my written academic work/improve my bank of policies. On the back we scribbled a spidergram showing what skills/transferable skills you would need to achieve this plan and the activities within it, i.e. time management/communication skills.

We did an overall summary of our journey for the year (what we felt we'd learned)

We had to do a couple of SWOTs (one at the start, one in the middle of the year and one at the end).

The other sections were personal achievemnts during the year - training courses, running a group for example.

The other sections were what you wanted such as completing study skills/personal skills types questionnaires (you'll find loads on the internet you can do). Telling you what type of worker/leader/studier you are.

Hope that helps a bit.:)