PDA

View Full Version : IF YOU ARE VOTING ARE YOU HAPPY TO SAY WHO FOR?

angeldelight
06-05-2010, 11:04 AM
What a strange lot we are :laughing: :laughing:

I have spoke to a few friends this morning who have voted but they will not say who for :laughing:

Maybe they are worried that their party will not win - or they just do not want a debate :laughing:

I am not asking anyone to say who they have voted for but if you are asked are you happy to say or not? If not then why not ?

Call me curious or just plain nosy :laughing:

Angel xx

caz3007
06-05-2010, 11:13 AM
I am happy to say, friend told me she voted for BNP, now she is brave in my view, but its her choice :)

Mouse
06-05-2010, 11:14 AM
I tend not to say, though I don't really know why :o

I don't think it's to do with whether or not they win (in our area it's almost a dead cert that they won't!) and I can quite happily argue my point about why I vote for them and not the other parties. I'm not sure why I don't say.

OK, next time someone asks me who I vote for, I'll tell them...maybe :laughing: :laughing:

WibbleWobble
06-05-2010, 11:14 AM
happy to say...

keep the red flag flying..:blush:

mandy x

Ripeberry
06-05-2010, 11:15 AM
Well it's NOT for Labour that's for sure.

christine e
06-05-2010, 11:17 AM
happy to say...

keep the red flag flying..:blush:

mandy x

Me too

Christine

nell57
06-05-2010, 11:20 AM
I'm still undecided, but will never vote for the Tories:D

rainbowmummy
06-05-2010, 11:21 AM
I think your question is interesting.
I have always believed that your vote is private but it seems that everyone (ok those, I know) are willing to divulge this info.

In my area its a competition between conservatives and lib dem (labour don't get a look in) so its more tacticle voting which is maybe why people are quick to say.

Roll on tomorrow when we'll no for sure :p

mama2three
06-05-2010, 11:24 AM
It depends who asks. whether they are likely to 'debate' the reasons in an intelligentish manner , why they are asking , amongst other things!
My mum and dad would never have 'revealed' , and as a child i was brought up never toi discuss politics or religion. As I got older i realised they were just agreeing to differ , on both points!

FussyElmo
06-05-2010, 11:26 AM
I will say but still undecided. Argghhhh doing my head in

RedDragon
06-05-2010, 11:31 AM
http://voteforpolicies.org.uk/survey/select

A little test

Bushpig
06-05-2010, 11:35 AM
Chatted to a parent re this this am - we both openly said who we'd be voting for. I wouldn't even dare chat to my English family re this though haha... all very hush hush with them ;)

aly
06-05-2010, 11:42 AM
I always thought it was private but they take your name on entry write your number {on the car] down then give you a voting slip.

!!

Anyway I voted Lib Dem, didnt want gordy on dave in so next best one

TheBTeam
06-05-2010, 11:46 AM
I dont tend to say, not sure why either, just dont! I have told a couple of people this time the one that i have definitely decided not to vote for.

Pipsqueak
06-05-2010, 11:49 AM
I am a labour girl through and through!

and i actually think gordon brown is all right - he just isn;t your charismatic charmer as most frontline politicians are, he just doesn't come across as right as they do.

however, i generally do not discuss politics (or religion) as my old man used to say they are the biggest causes of war and discord

fionamal
06-05-2010, 11:49 AM
If im asked then I say, nothing to be embarressed or ashamed about plus both hubby and I are members of the local group.

SNP- Scottish Nationalist Party , born and bread. All my family and hubbies vote for them

louised
06-05-2010, 11:50 AM
I am happy to say I will be voting Labour, don't agree with all of their policies but I cannot give my vote to the tories as they will bring back fox hunting and i am passionately against any type of bloodsport

Mookins
06-05-2010, 11:55 AM
i was soooo stuck dont have a clue about politics:huh: so happy to say and am more than honest when i say the only reason i chose is because they the only ones who came to my door to have a chat...admittadly i thought they were trying to sell something so ignored:blush: it but Lib dems got mine x

maisiemog
06-05-2010, 11:58 AM
I'm happy to say. I don't mind to be totally honest! My vote, my choice! And I'm voting labour I think! It's either Labour or the tories here and I refuse to vote Tory.

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
06-05-2010, 12:00 PM
I asked a friend today who she voted for, she told me it was rude to asK:blush:

I wonder if some people are almost ashamed of who they vote for due to their own private opinions on certain issues

for me it was Lib Dem all they way, always have been

tinkerbelle
06-05-2010, 12:00 PM
i refuse to vote labour i never have done and never will vote for them im voting tories

sweets
06-05-2010, 12:01 PM
I am a labour girl through and through!

and i actually think gordon brown is all right - he just isn;t your charismatic charmer as most frontline politicians are, he just doesn't come across as right as they do.

however, i generally do not discuss politics (or religion) as my old man used to say they are the biggest causes of war and discord

youve got to admit though that he is a funny looking bloke! :laughing: :laughing:

Pipsqueak
06-05-2010, 12:05 PM
youve got to admit though that he is a funny looking bloke! :laughing: :laughing:

oh gawd yes - i actually him and wayne rooney and shrek were related in a past life!

RedDragon
06-05-2010, 12:05 PM
One of the BNP's policies

We will establish a penal station for extremely dangerous/violent repeat criminals (including rapists) on the British island of South Georgia.

:eek:

scully
06-05-2010, 12:10 PM
I'm not 100% sure yet but definately not Labour :panic:

ORKSIE
06-05-2010, 12:11 PM
I will be going out to vote later and I will NOT be voting Tory.:panic:

littlesprogs
06-05-2010, 12:19 PM
I dont mind telling people who i'm voting for but when i was younger my mum and dad never told anyone who they were voting for! They said it was rude to ask aswell.

I will definately NOT be voting Labour!!

sonia ann
06-05-2010, 12:26 PM
I was brought up in a house where your political views were private and not discussed:panic: ......I remain the same, not even my OH knows how I vote:blush:

Gherkin
06-05-2010, 12:28 PM
I was the red sheep in our family for years as my parents always voted tory and so does my husband. I honestly think he votes tory because his parents always did!!!

I have voted lib dem since the last election and in this election. I felt that of the 3 parties they are the least likely to make us America's lap dogs and I particularly like the idea of not paying tax on the first 10k you earn.

I cannot ever imagine I would vote Conservative but I do vote on policy rather than personality so time will tell.

Gizmo
06-05-2010, 12:51 PM
SNP - Scottish National Party for me
Conservative wouldnt get in up here its either SNP or Labour for most

MarpleJollytots
06-05-2010, 01:04 PM
Does anyone refuse to vote because at the end of the day they are all liars,cheats and totally corrupt !!??????? Now that will open a can of worms i know but stick a bunch of mindees in a room and let them decide how to run the country they would do a better job. I couldnt put my vote to any of them without it affecting my conscience.SORRY :(

Tinglesnark
06-05-2010, 01:05 PM
i have been slated for casting my vote which i find scandelous, i am not ashamed to say that i voted lib dem. it is the first time i have voted and i listened to the debates and i followed the leader that i trusted the most (harrrr - funny i know lol) my dp is a tory and insists that i should have followed his lead but i refuse to be lead - my reason for voting lib dem is that in my view the other 2 have had their turns and they have messed up on numerous counts - for me it is time for a fresh new look - let someone else have a go and see what happens - either way - itll probably be a balls up wont it?

i say bring back the queen - id vote for her! tough old bird! she'd soon sort everything out! nothing wrong with this country that a few select beheadings wouldnt cure teehee

x

p.s - i am only being silly....;)

Spangles
06-05-2010, 01:07 PM
I'm not bothered about saying who I've voted for, if someone asks, I tell them!

I wouldn't vote Tory and really, really hope they don't get in, fingers crossed! Seems like it could be in vain though!

grindal
06-05-2010, 01:11 PM
When I was little we discussed politics in our house (and I am glad we did as I was taught from a early age to be politically aware) but were taught never to ask other people how they vote. I think its the result of the traditional class divide of voting. However, way back then in the 70s things were very different. I think attitudes about lots of things have changed - discussing voting included. As long as you are able to justify who you are voting I see no reason not to disclose it!
Our right to vote is such a priviledge in this country. regardless of political views, polling stations are open for hours we do not have to queue (much) argue, fear for our lives, cross military lines, or walk for days in order to do it.

Oh and by the way, voted for

My local Labour candidate

Winnie
06-05-2010, 01:17 PM
oh gawd yes - i actually him and wayne rooney and shrek were related in a past life!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Winnie
06-05-2010, 01:22 PM
My DD (who is 25 now) told me recently that when she was at school she was told to ask her parents who they voted for & why as part of a project.....apparently i told her off for asking & said it was rude to ask :eek: :laughing: ooo i was a bad useless mother :o

btw i would of voted Green but we do not have a green candidate here :( so had to make do with second best- and thats the only clue i'm giving ;)

wendywu
06-05-2010, 01:27 PM
Well it wont be Labour, when i look at how our country has slipped into the mire over the last years they have been in :angry:

sillysausage
06-05-2010, 01:31 PM
I'm voting lib dem. I think labour have done many good things but they've also made an ar*e of things too. I think we (society in general) should discuss politics as it has a profound bearing on all our lives.
Trouble is we need very radical reforms. The health service is doing sooooo much more than it was ever designed to do. We expect it to provide for all our health needs yet we don't want to pay any more in tax or national insurance.
We all want to retire at 65 (with a reasonable and livable pension), but when the pension was first brought in it was expected that people would get a pension for up to 10 years post retirement. Now we are (in general) living for 15 to 20 years post retirement....who is going to pay for that extra pension? it's not surprising that retirement age is going to have to increase.
There is sooo much wastage in the public sector, too many jobsworths, too many managers and not enough people doing the actual work.

ooooo I could go on and on

my reason for voting lib dem is that in my view the other 2 have had their turns and they have messed up on numerous counts - for me it is time for a fresh new look - let someone else have a go and see what happens - either way - itll probably be a balls up wont it?

I know just what you mean!!!!

Cazz
06-05-2010, 02:06 PM
My mum always says "I think I'll give them all a kiss!" :laughing:

Daisy1956
06-05-2010, 02:49 PM
I'm voting Labour I can still remember Margaret Thatcher and what happened the last time the conservatives were in power.

mama2three
06-05-2010, 02:52 PM
I'm voting Labour I can still remember Margaret Thatcher and what happened the last time the conservatives were in power.

Unfortunately Daisy many people have selective memories.. Conservatism may have moved on since those dreadful th...er ( swear word in our house!) years but Im not taking that risk.

miffy
06-05-2010, 03:36 PM
I've voted but who for? well that's between me and the ballot box :)

Miffy xx

Hebs
06-05-2010, 04:00 PM
Well for the first time EVER i haven't voted for Labour :panic:

I voted Lib Dems...

Tories are quick to slate labour for "ruining the country" but they seem to forget that Labour have had alot of Torie mess to clean up :thumbsup:

HOWEVER

I just do NOT like Gordan Brown, he was never "voted in" he got the job by default, we should have been able to vote for the next labour person.

I agree with alot of the polocies that Lib Dems stand for so went with them

i even took my mindees with me (good photo op!) and we have had a big discussion about it, and alot of them dont like the tories :laughing:

:thumbsup:

LittleAcorns
06-05-2010, 04:12 PM
I dont mind saying Im going to vote for Lib dems for the first time ever! I have always voted Labour, but not again!

Cazz
06-05-2010, 04:22 PM
I voted Lib Dems as well.

Our local Lib Dem is called Norman Lamb but my 2 year old dd calls him Norman Price (from Fireman Sam!) :laughing:

barbarella68
06-05-2010, 04:46 PM
When you vote for a party it is supposed to be the policies you vote for not the people in the party, Gordon Brown wasn't voted in by us but was by the people in his party to be their leader. The only person to be blamed for this mess is Tony Blair he left us in deep do da's then left us to get on with it by making himself rich with his new job's which he set up whilst in power. Blair was always in America's back pocket agreeing with everything they said when in fact he should have ignored them and did what was best for our country not their's.
And can someone tell me why Wales and Scotland want to rule themselves but can vote in our elections but we can't in theirs, very strange indeed.Let both Countries rule themselves and that includes setting their own taxes and then we can withdraw all our monetary help and let them get on with it.

jelly15
06-05-2010, 04:56 PM
It is between Labour and Plaid Cymru here and I couldn't bare it if Plaid won:panic: . My in laws would be over the moon and I wouldn't hear the end of it, they don't vote with policies in mind, just the fact that the party name is Welsh. So to counter balance it I vote Labour :D .

mama2three
06-05-2010, 05:00 PM
And can someone tell me why Wales and Scotland want to rule themselves but can vote in our elections but we can't in theirs, very strange indeed.Let both Countries rule themselves and that includes setting their own taxes and then we can withdraw all our monetary help and let them get on with it.

Ours? The point is that these elections are for the people of Britain , not just England. Some of the people of these countries would prefer self rule , and these elections allow them to express this. Economically and politically we are one nation , and making that nation safer , healthier , wealthier is surely what we all hope to achieve - breaking down that nation into small parts is surely not the way forward for modern society?

jelly15
06-05-2010, 05:06 PM

Ours? The point is that these elections are for the people of Britain , not just England. Some of the people of these countries would prefer self rule , and these elections allow them to express this. Economically and politically we are one nation , and making that nation safer , healthier , wealthier is surely what we all hope to achieve - breaking down that nation into small parts is surely not the way forward for modern society?

There are many people in Wales who do not want self rule, believe me as I am one of them. I didn't want the Welsh Assembly, it is just another level of Government that us living in Wales have to pay taxes for :angry: .

solly
06-05-2010, 05:09 PM
The area i am in is a tory area through and through and has been for more years than i can remember but i would never vote for them. I would of voted labour if i thought they had a chance but know they dont so have voted lib dems.

I was brought up to keep the vote quiet and not discuss politics when i was young but my daughter who is nearly 18 (she misses out as she was a july baby) and totally gutted by this as she is doing government & politics A level so we have had alot of discussions just recently in our house.

I am not ashamed of who i have voted for and why so am quite happy to tell people

Hebs
06-05-2010, 05:26 PM
When you vote for a party it is supposed to be the policies you vote for not the people in the party, Gordon Brown wasn't voted in by us but was by the people in his party to be their leader. The only person to be blamed for this mess is Tony Blair he left us in deep do da's then left us to get on with it by making himself rich with his new job's which he set up whilst in power. .

actually, the mess was caused by the Tories :thumbsup:

Labour are the ones cleaning up the mess, always has been that way
but Torie supports always seem to forget that it is the Tories who ran this country into the ground :)

sarah707
06-05-2010, 05:43 PM
I grew up in a labour household in deepest Yorkshire.

By the time I was ready to vote it was an area of Manchester that was also staunchly Labour.

Now I live in the Tory heartland where they could put up a monkey and it would get in! :rolleyes:

That's why they give it to George Osborne as a safe seat - they can't have their Chancellor not elected now can they?

I voted Lib Dem because I watched the leadership programmes and he was the only one who didn't have digs at the rest and made some sense :D

barbarella68
06-05-2010, 06:07 PM
Well I voted UKIP.They are all the same really, say the right things until they get into power and then shaft us all for their own ends;)

Tatia
06-05-2010, 06:09 PM

I agree, Pip. The trouble with Gordo is that he speaks as if he's in Parliament all the time. He doesn't know how to speak to the public but he knows his shizzle. It might not seem like it but he has protected us from the full brunt of the recession.

I quite like the stuffed shirt. :laughing:

Course, as I'm not yet a citizen, I can't vote here (although they're happy to have my taxes! :rolleyes: :laughing: I cast my overseas ballot for The States though.

barbarella68
06-05-2010, 06:10 PM
Oh and Hebs how can you still blame Conservatives for the mess they haven't been in for 13 years, you can't keep blaming them after all this time surely. 13 years is long enough for Labour to have their own mess ups.:D

Hebs
06-05-2010, 06:10 PM
Well I voted UKIP.They are all the same really, say the right things until they get into power and then shaft us all for their own ends;)

:clapping:

most definatly but i vote so i have the right to moan later :laughing:

barbarella68
06-05-2010, 06:12 PM
I know I moan a lot about the Government but at least I can be bothered to vote so I have the right to moan.:laughing:

Hebs
06-05-2010, 06:14 PM
Oh and Hebs how can you still blame Conservatives for the mess they haven't been in for 13 years, you can't keep blaming them after all this time surely. 13 years is long enough for Labour to have their own mess ups.:D

but the tories were :censored: it up for at least 17 years beforehand :thumbsup: so yes alot of this mess is from when the tories were in power :D

Hebs
06-05-2010, 06:14 PM
I know I moan a lot about the Government but at least I can be bothered to vote so I have the right to moan.:laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

thats just what i said :clapping:

grindal
06-05-2010, 07:14 PM
Now I live in the Tory heartland where they could put up a monkey and it would get in! :rolleyes:

Strange things happen in general elections though - We thought that down here in 1995 but then Michael Portillo lost to Stephen Twigg

flora
06-05-2010, 07:22 PM
I am not sure why it rude to ask but thats what my ma and pa always used to say :D

We voted tory in this house :thumbsup:

I know it causes discord and disharmony to discuss religion and politics but if you have a view why not stand by it.

As a farmer I could never vote lib dem as they want us further into europe and they meddle with us enough :blush:

mamasheshe
06-05-2010, 07:31 PM
don't think I'd ask someone who'd they voted:blush: but I've voted labor to balance out some Tory votes:clapping: i would love to vote green but they don't stand a chance in reality :( so I've voted tactically

don't vote it only encourages them :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

LOOPYLISA
06-05-2010, 07:43 PM
None of them :clapping:

Chimps Childminding
06-05-2010, 09:01 PM
Does anyone refuse to vote because at the end of the day they are all liars,cheats and totally corrupt !!??????? Now that will open a can of worms i know but stick a bunch of mindees in a room and let them decide how to run the country they would do a better job. I couldnt put my vote to any of them without it affecting my conscience.SORRY :(

I'm with you :blush: they all promise you the world, then as soon as they get in forget what they promised!!!!! I can't choose between them, so I don't bother!!! :D I have been told I am wasting my vote, but I would probably vote for who I liked rather than what they stood for, and I don't really like any of them :laughing:

Hebs
06-05-2010, 09:11 PM
I particularly like the idea of not paying tax on the first 10k you earn.

thats what swung it for me too :D

Hebs
06-05-2010, 09:13 PM

i have said all along it's about picking the best out of a bad bunch :thumbsup:

littlesprogs
07-05-2010, 08:53 AM
thats what swung it for me too :D

My husband looked into this and apparently its only if your on a certain tax code so I personally wont benefit from this.

breezy
07-05-2010, 11:10 AM

I'd vote for Monkey !!!!!!!!!!!

We were brought up to believe a persons vote was private, it kinda stuck with me!!!!

Trouble
07-05-2010, 12:11 PM
we havent voted for anyone as there all rubbish