PDA

View Full Version : Monkey Forest?

littlesprogs
05-05-2010, 04:18 PM
Has any one been before?

we are going to the baby show on the 21st at the nec and staying over in a travelodge, i thought we could go to monkey forest before we come home since its only an hour away from Birmingham.

What i wanted to know was is there alot to do there? I was hoping to go shopping in the bull ring for some baby items before we went but i dont want to not leave enough time for monkey forest too. I suppose it depends on how long it takes us to go round the nec on the friday.

If we have time on the friday i could go shopping then and monkey forest on the saturday?

breezy
05-05-2010, 04:44 PM
Sorry, got the wrong end of the stick, thought Monkey had forgotten to wax again:blush: :blush: :blush:

FussyElmo
05-05-2010, 04:45 PM
Which one are you going to?

We have one by us and it is brilliant well worth visiting. Its really good how close you are to them. All the children have loved going in fact may have to convince dh its time for another visit :thumbsup:

littlesprogs
05-05-2010, 04:53 PM
Which one are you going to?

We have one by us and it is brilliant well worth visiting. Its really good how close you are to them. All the children have loved going in fact may have to convince dh its time for another visit :thumbsup:

I didnt know there was more than one lol.

I think the website said it was in trentham? an hour away from birmingham?

AnnieM
05-05-2010, 04:56 PM
Never heard of it but just googled, the website says it is quite new. I think we may have to go for a visit there in the summer as the 10yo I look after in holidays is monkey mad. :D Not too badly priced either and about an hour from me so all looking good. :thumbsup:

FussyElmo
05-05-2010, 05:00 PM
I didnt know there was more than one lol.

I think the website said it was in trentham? an hour away from birmingham?

Thats the one by us and we think its great my dd is reading over my shoulder and asking when we can go again :thumbsup: (and she is 11)

littlesprogs
05-05-2010, 05:27 PM
So is it quite big is it likely to be a full day out or half day?

Is there lots to do, i'll be taking my son who will be almost 2.

FussyElmo
05-05-2010, 05:48 PM
We usually spend about half a day there but we are literally down the road. Trenthan Gardens is quite big there is a lake with a steam boat thingy on and a train that runs round. You also have the Italian Gardens there too which has an adventure playground and the barefoot challenge. Also this is at extra charge to the Monkey forest. There are shops there and plenty of places to eat :)

Monkey1
05-05-2010, 06:25 PM
It doesn't take too long to go round but you do get really close to them. My mindees loved it:thumbsup:

littlesprogs
05-05-2010, 06:38 PM
Brilliant thanks everyone. Might just go for the afternoon to let Jayden stretch his legs before the long journey home.

Lets hope hes not scared of monkeys lol. I dont think he will be he loves every other animal lol

charleyfarley
05-05-2010, 07:19 PM
We live just down the road from it and it is a great half a day out if just going to Monkey Forest itself. There is a play area, shop and cafe there too.

Enjoy yourselves if you go :thumbsup:

Carol xx

TammyN
05-05-2010, 07:27 PM
We went last year it took half a day to take in the scenery, we didn't do the gardens tho as we were on our way home from Water world the previous day and stayed in a travel lodge. kids loved it, so did i :)

WibbleWobble
05-05-2010, 08:25 PM
i live 40 mins away over the border in cheshire and i took my 3 year old niece last summer. She loved it..

especially the monkeys bottoms....

as she said "look aunty mandy their bottoms are big like yours!"

she still talks about the monkeys bums....and she conned a toy monkey out of uncle phil too!
There is a playground too...we went on the little one near to the shop and cafe. I think there is a bigger one near to the picnic area.

Trentham gardens is lovely....walk round the lake, have an icecream and get the boat back. I think there is a "barefoot trail" too in the summer!

great day out if you are happy to walk round and not be "entertained" just having a look at nature and getting fresh air.

mandy xxxx

angeldelight
05-05-2010, 10:49 PM
Has any one been before?

we are going to the baby show on the 21st at the nec and staying over in a travelodge, i thought we could go to monkey forest before we come home since its only an hour away from Birmingham.

What i wanted to know was is there alot to do there? I was hoping to go shopping in the bull ring for some baby items before we went but i dont want to not leave enough time for monkey forest too. I suppose it depends on how long it takes us to go round the nec on the friday.

If we have time on the friday i could go shopping then and monkey forest on the saturday?

You mean you are coming to Brum and you are not going to come and see me Louise sob sob ha

We have been to Monkey forest and we spent almost the whole day there we went next door too to Trentham gardens
We had a lovely day out

If you want to go to the Bull Ring you need a whole day for that too ha ha

Hope you have a lovely time

Angel xxx