PDA

View Full Version : Little Stars Childminding (Southeast)

Tatia
23-03-2008, 04:35 PM
I've spent this nasty Easter day finally getting my new website up and running. I've got tons more to add but feel I've made a great start. Thanks everyone here for motivating me to finally get a move on! Please feel free to stop by, leave me a message in What's New and share your thoughts.

And yes, I have specific permission for all photos to appear on my website. My mindee parents were all more than happy to oblige.:)

http://www.little-stars.me.uk/

sarah707
23-03-2008, 05:20 PM
Lovely site Tatia!

Thank you for the link back to the forum! :D

Noodles
23-03-2008, 05:32 PM
It looks lovely Tatia:)

emler
23-03-2008, 05:42 PM
Fab site Tatia - well done

Emler x

button68
23-03-2008, 06:02 PM
Great site Tatia, well done :clapping:

BTW is that a sling I spy on you on the photo at Glastonbury Tor??? Which one :rolleyes: I luuuuuve my slings :D

........... however it may just be a scarf :blush:

crazybones
23-03-2008, 06:13 PM
Lovely site Tatia. Well done. :clapping:

charleyfarley
23-03-2008, 06:22 PM
Great site, Tatia

Carol xxx

Monkey1
23-03-2008, 06:30 PM
Looks great Tatia, well done!

katickles
23-03-2008, 06:46 PM
I think your site looks great - well done you. You should be really proud of yourself. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Tatia
23-03-2008, 08:58 PM
BTW is that a sling I spy on you on the photo at Glastonbury Tor??? Which one I luuuuuve my slings
Well spotted! It's a Maya wrap. I wore Seri everywhere in that from infant to toddler, til she just got too big. I've also used it on mindees, too. I had one who I took on at 6 months and she had such a hard time settling that wearing her in the sling was the only way to help her calm down. I swear by them. http://www.mayawrap.com/
http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/7562/1002065re4.th.jpg (http://img246.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1002065re4.jpg)
and
http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/6803/1002355ml7.th.jpg (http://img246.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1002355ml7.jpg)
Sorry, I could go on all day about wonderful they are!

Anyway, glad you like the site. I've got tons more to add. I'd forgotten about my menu and typical day schedule, too. D'oh! That's the beauty of web design, though, isn't it?

Tatia
23-03-2008, 09:01 PM
Gawd, forgive the hair in that first pic. I had been so ill for so long before and after Seri's birth that my really long, thick hair had been falling out and I, in a post-partum induced depression, had it all chopped off!:eek: I'd forgotten how dreadful it looks!

button68
23-03-2008, 09:20 PM
Well spotted! It's a Maya wrap. I wore Seri everywhere in that from infant to toddler, til she just got too big. I've also used it on mindees, too. I had one who I took on at 6 months and she had such a hard time settling that wearing her in the sling was the only way to help her calm down. I swear by them.

Another sling lover here too :thumbsup: my prefered one is www.zolowear.com carried Amelia for many years (very needy baby:rolleyes: ) I too have brought mine out of 'retirement' to carry a mindee :thumbsup:

Have a look at this tread to see a mindee with a doll in a Zolowear ring sling and me :o (bad hair day too:blush: ) wearing Amelia, DD. http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=5089

Also used an Ellaroo wrap with DD but with risk assesment wouldn't be wise with a mindee :eek: too much 'balancing' whilst I tie them on ;)

jmoff
23-03-2008, 09:27 PM
Great website! I am jealous! :) well done you,xx

jana x

manjay
23-03-2008, 10:09 PM
Lovely website! Well done you. And now I know I have been pronouncing your name incorrectly all this time :D

amanda xx

Tatia
23-03-2008, 10:18 PM
Oh, the name thing. I blame my father. :mad: I went through life being called either tah-tee-uh to tay-tee-uh. It's actually a Native American name from my grandfather (which would technically be pronounced tah-chuh but my father mispronounced it) but most people assume it's my Russian heritage instead. I mean, my maiden name is Ruble.:laughing: Can't get much more Russian sounding than Tatia (tasha) Ruble!!!

Oh wow, Button! That zolo wrap is SEXY! It looks just like my Maya but different material. Unfortunately I cannot access your sling photo yet as I don;t have that privelge. Must be a green thing! :D

button68
23-03-2008, 10:28 PM
Oh wow, Button! That zolo wrap is SEXY! It looks just like my Maya but different material. Unfortunately I cannot access your sling photo yet as I don;t have that privelge. Must be a green thing! :D

Sadly mine aren't half a sexy as the ones they do now :( , I bought mine 4+ years ago I have a sage coloured one (for my winter wardrobe) and a white one with 'splashes' of primary colours (for my summer wardrobe) :D It's lovely to be able to use them again with mindees.

Do you think I could justify one of those new sexy silk ones? I could put it through my books ;)

tinkerbell_85
24-03-2008, 12:57 PM
I have just visited your site, it is really good! nice lay out and loads of good information. very jealous.

Well done! xxx:clapping: :D

chels55
24-03-2008, 04:50 PM
What a great site, really informative well done

ajs
24-03-2008, 05:40 PM
i was also mispronouncing your name tat e ah not tasha very pretty though either way.

i love your about me tale it's fab full of news and interest and seri is so cute by the way that's another gorgeous name is there a translation to it.

Tatia
24-03-2008, 08:42 PM
Her full name is Seraphina, Seri (rhymes with fairy) for short. She sort of named herself in a dream before I was ever even pregnant with her. :blush: I had constant dreams about a little girl who called herself Seraphina (which is from Seraphim, the highest order of angel and messenger of the Divine). Hehe, I remember my first ultrasound at 20 weeks and they asked if we wanted to know the sex and we said "it's a girl, we already know. But you can verify it for us, if you want." :D

I was worried my About Me page was way too long and boring so I'm glad to hear you don't think so!

Tatia
16-07-2008, 10:39 AM
Updated site with photo gallery finally. Got bigger plans but no time to do it in!

emmadines
28-08-2008, 04:49 PM
your web site links not working

Bushpig
29-08-2008, 08:33 PM
Super site, well done!! :clapping: :clapping:

Tatia
21-09-2008, 10:48 AM
your web site links not working

It's working now. And the site has been updated. Hubby wonders how I get anything done when I spend so much time on my website!

manjay
21-09-2008, 12:22 PM
Loving your updates Tatia! well done xx

Bushpig
21-09-2008, 01:35 PM
I think it's really important to have an *about me* section on your website, as it is such a personal service, from our home. I think you've done a fab job Tatia, love the updates!:thumbsup:

Tatia
21-09-2008, 01:47 PM
Thanks, guys. I just know that as a parent, I'd want as much info as possible so I try to offer what I can to set their minds as ease and yet still maintain professionalism.

I'm lucky none of my parents mind photos on the website so I can really show a positive picture of what we get up to.

Michelle M
03-01-2009, 07:41 PM
Super duper site :thumbsup:

YvonnesHula
01-05-2009, 12:32 PM
Hi Tatia I've recently joined the forum and had a look at you really fab web site:clapping: . I love it! I noticed you say you are from the US, so am I! I grew up in Hawaii but have lived here 24 years. Where are you from?