PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions on a good book

sarah32
04-05-2010, 11:12 AM
I finished the Twilight books a couple of months ago, loved them, now Im finding it really hard to find the next interesting book, picked up a few I have but just cant get into them.

Any suggestions or what is everyone reading at the moment.

Love Biography's, suspense, thrillers, vampires etc, most stuff.

RainbowMum
04-05-2010, 11:16 AM
Jodie Picoult is always a good read - start with my sisters keeper - a vastly different story to the film - especially the end!

I've just got her latest which is about a boy with Aspergers who gets accused of murder & how his lack of social skills and comunication affect his case - cant wait to start!

Also have the latest in the Tunnels series which are childrens books but a great read all the same x

Mookins
04-05-2010, 11:51 AM
ive read all of Patricia Cornwells Dr Scarpetts stories...brilliant
Sue grafton has a collection of books starting with Afor Alibi aswel which I adore and have read over and over waiting for her latestnwhich i think is T looking at my bookcase.

both are about crime, murder mystery the dr scarpetta give an inside description of the life of a forensic scientist and the alphabet set are about a private investigator..both charachters are great defo worth a read

x x

sarah707
04-05-2010, 05:17 PM
Jean Auel Earth's Children series is very good!

I am re-reading Diana Gabaldon at the moment and really enjoying them :D

Goatgirl
04-05-2010, 06:26 PM
Hi :),
I love crime thrillers for unputdownability: why not try a few from your local library? I love sophie hannah, lisa gardner and karin slaughter, amongst others. Have had to take a break however, as i generally read when i go to bed and found I was getting quite tense, :laughing: and not sleeping too well.

bws,
Wendy

Mookins
04-05-2010, 06:46 PM
Hi :),
I love crime thrillers for unputdownability: why not try a few from your local library? I love sophie hannah, lisa gardner and karin slaughter, amongst others. Have had to take a break however, as i generally read when i go to bed and found I was getting quite tense, :laughing: and not sleeping too well.

bws,
Wendy

oh my... i do this too...freaking myself out all the time:o
x x

Gizmo
04-05-2010, 07:00 PM
I have just finished a fantastic book The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield got this from the library and started it on Sunday night and couldnt put it down finished it yesterday really worth a read :thumbsup:

sarah32
05-05-2010, 11:47 AM
Will look into all of them, thanks:)

Anyone read any of the vampire diaries??? getting mixed reviews on Amazon

specks4
05-05-2010, 01:23 PM
Ive read the 1st vampire diairies and in the middle of the 2nd. They are ok but dont think you will find anything as good as the twilight saga. But they are a good read so far.

FussyElmo
05-05-2010, 03:58 PM
If you like vampire and supernatural books then I like the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher. Got to admit these are my favourite books I think they are better than Twilight :thumbsup: