PDA

View Full Version : Planning confusion (again)

angiemog
01-05-2010, 01:34 PM
Hello all....
I'm another one that struggles with planning. I've read lots of the threads but in some areas I'm still unsure.

Most of my mindees are under 2 so i don't generally use themes but I will do crafts/stories/songs linked with different events and time of year.
I am ok with my planning when I've done an ob. ie child see's a spider in garden, wants to pick up.... in my planning I could then sing insey winsey, makes spiders......But that is after an ob.
Do I have to have weekly planning for each child and how much, can it just be a couple of things or a complete day? If we end up doing different things than whats on my plan where is that recorded? On the same sheet?
then do I have to do medium/long term planning for group and each child?
Is long term planning things like celebrations, festivals, special days?
Medium planning?
Short term I would think thats what you would use to follow on from an ob or interest .
Hope I have made some sense to someone. Thank you x

FussyElmo
01-05-2010, 01:52 PM
Hello all....
I'm another one that struggles with planning. I've read lots of the threads but in some areas I'm still unsure.

Most of my mindees are under 2 so i don't generally use themes but I will do crafts/stories/songs linked with different events and time of year.
I am ok with my planning when I've done an ob. ie child see's a spider in garden, wants to pick up.... in my planning I could then sing insey winsey, makes spiders......But that is after an ob. these are your next steps.
Do I have to have weekly planning for each child and how much, can it just be a couple of things or a complete day? If we end up doing different things than whats on my plan where is that recorded? On the same sheet?I tend to have a lot of add ons because the child has a new interest
then do I have to do medium/long term planning for group and each child?
Is long term planning things like celebrations, festivals, special days? thats what I do for long term planning
Medium planning? My medium planning is a theme I think we might be doing so say summer but this is the what I find to be put in a file and taken out as and when.
Short term I would think thats what you would use to follow on from an ob or interest Exactly what I do.
Hope I have made some sense to someone. Thank you x

Everyone has there own way of doing planning but this is what I do :thumbsup: