PDA

View Full Version : blossom ideas

angiemog
01-05-2010, 01:15 PM
I have 2 ideas for doing blossom on trees which I'm going to use next week.
Use popcorn to stick on a painted tree trunk.
Painted tree trunk again with white or pink finger paints.
I got both of these ideas off a friends blog. Not sure if they have been mentioned before but there are lots of trees with cherry blossom around at the mo. x

christine e
01-05-2010, 01:25 PM
Sounds like you will be having fun!

Cx

miffy
01-05-2010, 04:31 PM
I bought my popcorn yesterday to make blossom trees next week - I found the idea in Creative Steps magazine.

Like the finger paint idea too, so might try that.

Miffy xx

Leanne59
01-05-2010, 05:04 PM
what a good idea thanks!

sarah707
01-05-2010, 05:35 PM
Why not go out and collect some fallen blossoms? You might be lucky enough to find some twigs with blossom still attached.

you could dry them out and stick them on your pictures :D

sandy64
01-05-2010, 05:46 PM
great ideas i was going to be boring and use pink tissue paper any ideas how to dry blossom out fast sarah:)

Mouse
01-05-2010, 05:57 PM
We collected pink blossom yeaterday & stuck it on card trees. It all went a bit gooey & slimey, but the kids loved it!

funfunfun
01-05-2010, 06:01 PM
We collected pink blossom yeaterday & stuck it on card trees. It all went a bit gooey & slimey, but the kids loved it!

lovelly ideas :)

Chell
01-05-2010, 08:40 PM
We did blossom trees a few weeks ago. We looked at pictures on Google images first, I printed one for my mindees learnign journal.

My DS/DD and mindee painted each others hand, wrist and arm brown, the print of this formed the trunk and branches. I put red and white paint on a palette and partially mixed it so they had various shades of pink/white/red paint. They then finger painted the blossom onto the tree trunk.

nannysue
01-05-2010, 09:06 PM
We did blossom trees last week ....... its that time of year again !!! Our blossom was made up of anything pink in the craft drawers , paper , card stickers , material , beads etc , they were very effective , not sure how much actually stayed on the trees when they went home :laughing:

moljak
01-05-2010, 09:34 PM
We ran in the garden with blossom blowing off a neighbours tree.Kids said it was like it was snowing.We were seeing if we could catch them efore they fell and if we could catch them in our hair.Lots of fun and giggle :)