PDA

View Full Version : support from LA?

samkeddy
30-04-2010, 09:49 AM
Hi,
Just wondered if anyone has much contact with their la? Ive been registered for 3 month and not heard anything from anyone, im sure before i started my pre reg course we were told they would come out and support us within our 1st 6mth to help us be ready for the 1st ofsted inspection.

christine e
30-04-2010, 09:55 AM
If you do not have contact details for your develpment worker you could contact NCMA or you could ring your Family Information Service and ask them for contact details.

Cx

beccas
30-04-2010, 05:59 PM
hi ring them you should have a extended services officer

Amaranth
30-04-2010, 08:04 PM
It is very very rare that my LA get in touch at all. In fact I have been minding for just over 5 years and had my first visit frim them last week!! :rolleyes:

sarah707
30-04-2010, 08:12 PM
I see my childminding support lady at the local children's centre when I take the children to play.

She is always available to come out if I need her as well but tends to leave me alone unless I request a visit or there's something we need to discuss.

You will have someone to help you it's just a matter of finding them. I'd ask at the CC first.

Meanwhile you've got us! :D

samkeddy
30-04-2010, 08:19 PM
Thanks everyone, ill give em a ring and see if theres anyone out there!!!!!

christine e
01-05-2010, 07:53 AM
I think as they are LA they are all different what we need here is someone from South Yorkshire to come along and help - hoping bumping up may help or you could start another thread 'Anyone from Rotherham area' and ask again under that. In this area you get offered the help of a support minder soon after registration and it is the Development Workers who write and offer that support so at least you get their names and telephone number then.

Hope you get sorted soon

Cx

Shar
01-05-2010, 05:00 PM
Where I live we never hear from them. If you need them then go and find them. Hope you have better luck than the minders in my borough, they leave messages and never get any reply.