PDA

View Full Version : parent packs

cazr
22-03-2008, 05:54 PM
what is everybody putting in the packs for parents to take away?

im also looking for som presentation folders to give the stuff to them, the ones with like a lip on one side that holds it al in, struggling to find them cheap can anyone help?

tinkerbell_85
22-03-2008, 06:25 PM
partners do them quite cheaply, well they did when i used them for college. xxx

wellybelly
22-03-2008, 06:42 PM
Wilkos sell them for 6 for 99p,

I give parents an information pack with details about the service I offer and a leaflet about child tax credit which my Workforce development officer gave me. Its proved to be great because parents were'nt aware of the benefits they get when using child care.

sarah707
22-03-2008, 07:08 PM
That's a good idea Katie, wonder where I'd get some?...

My pack has a brochure showing opening and closing times, fees, that sort of thing... and a precis of my policies and procedures.

The rest I swamp them with when they've got a coffee in their hand! :D

wellybelly
22-03-2008, 07:11 PM
Ive updated my parents pack loads - you come across things and think parents need be made aware of that AGAIN, even though you've said it time and time again. Like sickness policy and late collection! The benefits leaflet is for parents to promote the tax credit for childcare, have a word with your WFDO. They didnt charge me r the leaflets and gave me about 25.

miffy
22-03-2008, 09:01 PM
That's a good idea katie thanks

miffy xx

manjay
22-03-2008, 09:34 PM
I just list the tax credits website and advise them to check if they are eligible

amanda xx

Heaven Scent
22-03-2008, 09:43 PM
Thanks for bringing this up was wondering the same myself will come back to this when I get home on fri or sat

Kelly
22-03-2008, 10:12 PM
I've just purchased a binding machine, I am hoping to make new packs for parents, I think I will try and get some tax credits info, also thought about putting in details of the childcare voucher schemes, but not sure which ones to put in, any ideas?

Kelly

crazybones
23-03-2008, 07:16 AM
I've just purchased a binding machine, I am hoping to make new packs for parents, I think I will try and get some tax credits info, also thought about putting in details of the childcare voucher schemes, but not sure which ones to put in, any ideas?

Kelly

You could maybe just do a list of the most popular ones with phone numbers and website addressess and then that gives the parent a choice which one they can look into.

miffy
23-03-2008, 08:03 AM
WHSmiths had the clip files cheap in their sale - once parents have signed up I use them to put a copy of all my policies fees and contract in for parent to keep

miffy xx