PDA

View Full Version : Protecting your work - a reminder

sarah707
30-04-2010, 07:13 AM
We are a very friendly forum and we like nothing more than to support and help new members, giving advice and answering questions.

However recently there seem to be a flurry of new members who are only joining to ask us to share our hard work. :(

I know another member was talking about this the other day on a thread...

Now I have received an email from someone asking me to share my Open University essays.

Sharing information and making suggestions to help someone is a kindness, offered between friends and people we feel we trust to use the information wisely...

Sending someone essays for them to use when we do not know them or even if they are doing the course is encouraging plagiarism. Those essays could end up on Ebay or worse.

Can I please ask everyone to be careful with their work.

If members have any concerns about pms or emails you have received asking for essays, documents etc, especially if you are feeling pressured into sharing something you do not want to share, please contact Pauline or one of us moderators for advice.

Thank you :D

sandy64
30-04-2010, 07:17 AM
thanks sarah for letting us no it takes us along and hard time to gain our different qualifications, so why should some have it that easy thanks :)

miffy
30-04-2010, 07:28 AM
Now I have received an email from someone asking me to share my Open University essays.

:eek: What a cheek!

Thanks for the warning, Sarah

Miffy xx

Mookins
30-04-2010, 08:10 AM
I really cant believe the cheek of some people:mad:

x x x

ORKSIE
30-04-2010, 08:17 AM
Thanks for this Sarah.
I cant believe the cheek of it all:panic:

tracey36
30-04-2010, 09:27 AM
thanks for the warning sarah :)

cas2805
30-04-2010, 09:54 AM
Thanks and I agree. I often ask for advice for my NVQ3 but would never ask for a whole essay. How cheeky!!!

marian
30-04-2010, 10:08 AM
Thank you for highlighting this issue Sarah - I would not have the nerve to be so cheeky! even to people whom I consider friends

Marian x

TammyN
30-04-2010, 10:09 AM
Thanks and I agree. I often ask for advice for my NVQ3 but would never ask for a whole essay. How cheeky!!!

here, here as much as i was tempted on my last piece :blush: :)
this forum is really great for support and advice but as always some people take the biscuit, glad you've sorted it Sarah :thumbsup:

Leanne59
30-04-2010, 10:24 AM
thanks for the warning sarah, I read that thread the other day didnt realise they are sending it to everyone.

Trouble
30-04-2010, 11:00 AM
i learned that lesson last year :angry:

thank you sarah for the reminder xxxx

singlewiththree
30-04-2010, 11:28 AM
I had the same email and a private message about sharing my open university work so I told them to get help from their ou tutor group!

TheBTeam
30-04-2010, 08:54 PM
Thanks Sarah, some people are so cheeky and it amounts to laziness, I would not even dream of asking for advice without having done my ground work, and certainly wouldnt expect to be given it on a plate!:eek:

moljak
30-04-2010, 09:54 PM
Well said Sarah :)

Pauline
02-05-2010, 02:46 PM
I think everyone would be eager to help someone who they knew a little and had spoken to, so if you are out there and needing help just come along and join in - we don't bite (honest!) .... well I don't anyway. :D

ORKSIE
02-05-2010, 02:53 PM
I think everyone would be eager to help someone who they knew a little and had spoken to, so if you are out there and needing help just come along and join in - we don't bite (honest!) .... well I don't anyway. :D

I might!!!

:laughing: :laughing:

aly
02-05-2010, 03:54 PM

Thats not what Graham told us.!

Kelly
02-05-2010, 06:00 PM
I know on the OU forums I get lots of ideas and advice (no one seems to be doing the same course on here as me :( ) But I have noticed that some people have had extensions and still haven't reached the deadline for their TMA's, yet we have had our results back, so we need to be very careful sharing our results/feedback. I think its a cheek actually asking for copies of your assignments.