PDA

View Full Version : Write up stuff

SparklingGems
29-04-2010, 07:35 PM
Ok so I have ideas but not sure how to record them

Mindee J is 3 he came today telling me he climbed his daddys ladder yesterday so is now a fireman.

He asked for fireman Sam on today.

So I have planned to make a fire engine out of boxes

We will visit the library to find some fireman books

I have printed some fireman pictures out off google so we can make a collage.

How do I document this?

hop04
29-04-2010, 07:47 PM
I have a 'childs comments" in their learning journey. So in this case I would write what he said and date it and put next steps which are your planned activities. Then document them in your daily/ weekly planning. That's what I would do but I'm sure others have much better ideas!!!

Chell
29-04-2010, 08:12 PM
I have zilch experience and have only been registered recently so I am just starting out too.

I think you are worry far too much about how things should be, there isn't a right way.

I'd type up exactly what you have just written and pop it in the learning journal. I tend to use Google images to add a picture to make it visual for the child rather than just black text when they flick through. I'd find a picture of a fire engine to brighten it up.

I've been putting plans like that into a table with a slot for each day of the month. If the planned activity doesn't happened for whatever then I add a comment and perhaps move it to another day. I add in anything new that the child has shown an interest in too.

Mookins
29-04-2010, 08:19 PM
Ok so I have ideas but not sure how to record them

Mindee J is 3 he came today telling me he climbed his daddys ladder yesterday so is now a fireman.

He asked for fireman Sam on today.

So I have planned to make a fire engine out of boxes We will visit the library to find some fireman books

I have printed some fireman pictures out off google so we can make a collage.

How do I document this?

i would take a picture of him making the fire engine, i would right down his chosen books, and use them for story time
the collage is lovely idea, perhaps use different arts and crafts to colour them in, ie not just paints

so much info from one subject, you could cover all the areas and have for next time perhaps a trip to a real firestation to see the truck and crew

x x

grindal
30-04-2010, 07:37 AM
Before I started minding I spent a lot of time making observation templates, and planning sheets but I find I never use them. I write obs on post it notes or sheets of A4 paper.
I put EYFS links on the obs, next steps and early learning goals (when I remember and think of them).
There is no right or wrong. Do what suits, and change as you go along if you find a better system.

ageinghippy
01-05-2010, 07:07 PM
I have an A4 sheet which has 4 boxes on it for:

1. Observation/child/parent comment- (obs, I do, child ie Fireman, parent ie we went to the zoo yesterday) including date.
2. Links to Eyfs
3. Planning/Next steps
4. Evaluation/parents comments

I include these in the child's diary which goes home and hopefully get feedback.
Hope this helps and don't get too bogged down. Keep it simple!
Your ideas sound great.

Kate x :laughing: