PDA

View Full Version : EYFS for own children?

MissTinkerbell
22-03-2008, 03:53 PM
Hi

I know that its really up to me on what I decide to do as they are my own but just wondered if the rest of you make learning journeys for you own children if they are suitable age.

I have 2 year old twins and wondered whether to do the learning journeys for them too as I'd quite like too.

What do the rest of you do?

Melanie

sarah707
22-03-2008, 03:57 PM
For both of mine I made scrap books of when they were 3 and when they were 7... photos, comments, ticket stubs from outings, holiday plane receipts etc. They helped me collect the stuff through the year and put it in monthly envelopes, then we had a mega sticking in and adding stickers session.

Hopefully they will make nice momentos when they are older :D

manjay
22-03-2008, 04:00 PM
I kind of do the same thing. All the mindees have scrap books so it seems unfair not to do one for my children

amanda xx

MissTinkerbell
22-03-2008, 04:03 PM
That's what I was thinking and thought that if I was doing it for a mindee it would be a good thing for my own children - after all they'd probably be on the photos too and doing the same stuff!

deeb66
22-03-2008, 04:06 PM
I have done the same sort of thing as Sarah for Jack over the years and have kept them.

If I had a young child I probably would do Learning Journeys for them too.

As you say they will be doing what the minded children are anyway so why not.

crazybones
22-03-2008, 04:09 PM
My inspector last week asked me if I had a folder of Will's work. I thought she was trying to trick me :eek: I said Yes but I didnt think you would be interested in that. She laughed and said it wasnt a requirement she was just curious from a personal point of view. I havent made any official obs or planning for him yet but I am going to.

MissTinkerbell
22-03-2008, 06:30 PM
I think that I'd feel guilty if I was doing something for someone elses child and not my own but just wanted to see what everyone else did.