PDA

View Full Version : HELP PLanning activity

SparklingGems
28-04-2010, 08:00 PM
I could really do with some advice please Im doing a spider activity web
for gluing and sticking-

I not sure though what I need to put in each of the areas tho?

Is it things like
cll Encourange describing textures, colours etc
PRSN Identify different sizes of shapes, pictures used etc

or does it need to be about a topic- eg flowers
CLL Talk about flowers and how we can make them using materials supplied
PSRN- Make smaller and then larger flowers talk about differences etc

sarah707
28-04-2010, 08:32 PM
If children enjoy gluing then it doesn't need to be gluing flowers or anything specific... it can be gluing whatever they want to glue!

So John can make a fire engine by gluing red paper on a template and Jane can make a flower using different types of material and buttons.

it really is more about following children's interests and doing what they enjoy best rather than worrying about what your planning form says.

For planning, yes you are on exactly the right track there...

Psed - encourage sharing and taking turns with the glue

Cll - conversation during the activity to encourage appropriate words to describe what is happening

Psr&N - comment on the shapes and sizes of the things being glued... etc.

hth :D

SparklingGems
28-04-2010, 08:40 PM
If children enjoy gluing then it doesn't need to be gluing flowers or anything specific... it can be gluing whatever they want to glue!

So John can make a fire engine by gluing red paper on a template and Jane can make a flower using different types of material and buttons.

it really is more about following children's interests and doing what they enjoy best rather than worrying about what your planning form says.

For planning, yes you are on exactly the right track there...

Psed - encourage sharing and taking turns with the glue

Cll - conversation during the activity to encourage appropriate words to describe what is happening

Psr&N - comment on the shapes and sizes of the things being glued... etc.

Ah Thank you that makes more sense now- Then on the childs individual plan I can be more specific on what they are planning to make eg fire engine, flower etc

Is there somewhere I can look to get ideas of what to put under each heading?
Thank you

sarah707
29-04-2010, 06:48 AM
Ah Thank you that makes more sense now- Then on the childs individual plan I can be more specific on what they are planning to make eg fire engine, flower etc

Yes exactly!

Is there somewhere I can look to get ideas of what to put under each heading?

The Eyfs ages and stages information for the child gives loads of information and ideas for next steps.

The principles into practice cards are great for ideas of what comes under each section too.

Thank you

You could also have a look at the 6 areas of L & D pages on my information website - www.eyfsforchildminders.webnode.com.

There are loads of good practice suggestions - just keep going back to the menu on the left to open the next page.

SparklingGems
29-04-2010, 08:18 PM
You could also have a look at the 6 areas of L & D pages on my information website - www.eyfsforchildminders.webnode.com.

There are loads of good practice suggestions - just keep going back to the menu on the left to open the next page.

Thank you Sarah your website is fantastic :)