PDA

View Full Version : Confuzzled again.....

SparklingGems
28-04-2010, 07:25 PM
Hi Everyone have done some brief observations today for my 20 month old mindee.

Eg He can kick ball, climb up ladders to slide, drink from cup, Identify a plane etc

But im not sure how to link them to eyfs or if I even need to?

I have highlighted a few things on the grid for him but not sure where these would go and how to record them :eek: :blush:

Any advise would be appreciated

auntie allie
28-04-2010, 08:06 PM

Eg He can kick ball, climb up ladders to slide, drink from cup, Identify a plane etc

I have highlighted a few things on the grid for him but not sure where these would go and how to record them :eek: :blush:

what is this grid that everyone is talking about?

sarah707
28-04-2010, 08:24 PM
what is this grid that everyone is talking about?

The guidance to the Eyfs shows ages and stages of children's learning and development across the 6 areas of principle 4.4 learning and development.

It is commonly used to help us show how a child is progressing while with us.

So the child uses a new word or phrase and we might link it to communication, language and literacy... etc.

All the learning and development grids are on the Eyfs CD which you should have received with your Eyfs pack.

I hope this helps :D

TammyN
28-04-2010, 08:24 PM
if child has just started and you are building initial assessment then highlight is fine, once you know where he's at then you can do a more detailed ob, plan next steps and link to area's! the assessment is a snap shot observation in it's own right, then you can back up with more detail and move on :) add a few photo's of him doing them to build a learning journey :D
Tammy

sarah707
28-04-2010, 08:25 PM

You can link everything a child says or does to some part of the learning and development grids.

It is really useful to do this because as you use them more often you get to know them better and it gets easier as a result.

So print off the relevant ones for the child's age and stage (as they cross over you might be using more than one at a time) and look through...

They are also great for giving you ideas for next steps planning :D

SparklingGems
28-04-2010, 08:43 PM
If my mindee is nearly 3 would you use both 22-36 and 30-50 months?

So if Ihighlight what he can do in one colour then use another colour for obs and another for evidence in learning journry would that be ok?

Thank you

babs
28-04-2010, 08:46 PM
If my mindee is nearly 3 would you use both 22-36 and 30-50 months?

So if Ihighlight what he can do in one colour then use another colour for obs and another for evidence in learning journry would that be ok?

Thank you

one of mine is nearly 3 so i use both of theses....

SparklingGems
28-04-2010, 08:50 PM
one of mine is nearly 3 so i use both of theses....

Thank you, Will get onto it tomorrow :)