PDA

View Full Version : Mentoring observations?

venus89
25-04-2010, 11:00 AM
Is anybody a mentor for the learning journey? My Network Coordinator has asked me to attend training to become a mentor - which has been a massive boost to the confidence my DHC5 has slowly been sapping out of me! - and I was wondering if anybody else had been approached or had already done the training and could tell me a bit more about what it involves?

huggableshelly
25-04-2010, 11:03 AM
wow that sounds interesting and well done to you too .. what a boost of confidence knowing you are wanted to help others!

good luck!

venus89
25-04-2010, 11:17 AM
Thank you - it's a huge boost to my confidence as I thought I was doing it all wrong! But my Network lady is very sweet but totally random - she seems to talk more about her children than what we're doing, and I didn't really get what it entailed!

Pipsqueak
25-04-2010, 01:47 PM
Wow that sounds like a fab idea, congrats on getting choosen. Its lovely when your hard work is recognised.:clapping: :clapping:

TBH, not heard of it in this respect, as a support minder - technically I am not allowed to scare - sorry show people my work but I am only there in an advisory capacity.

venus89
25-04-2010, 02:52 PM
Wow that sounds like a fab idea, congrats on getting choosen. Its lovely when your hard work is recognised.:clapping: :clapping:

TBH, not heard of it in this respect, as a support minder - technically I am not allowed to scare - sorry show people my work but I am only there in an advisory capacity.

Thanks pipsqueak

I don't think I'll be showing people anything (although in the Dhc that's exactly what we're all doing.....). She said that it would be a case of making suggestions, not telling them what to do, and sending them away to think about it.

sarah707
25-04-2010, 03:15 PM
Wow that sounds like a great idea! I am sure you are the right person for the job :D

venus89
25-04-2010, 03:21 PM
Wow that sounds like a great idea! I am sure you are the right person for the job :D

I'm not :blush: I was gobsmacked because I was convinced I was doing it all wrong!