PDA

View Full Version : HELP !

amunro_
24-04-2010, 06:01 PM
hi im a new parent to this. i have a young girl working for me as a babysitter. she has done most of her training at a private nursery to become a nursery nurse but she did not want to continue in her training.i was wondering if she could beccome a child minder at my address as she doesnt have her own house, she is only looking to look after my child not anymore than one. is this possible ? if it is how does she go about registering ?

x

Mookins
25-04-2010, 07:34 AM
i think she would have to be a Nanny not a childminder as its your house...not sure what qualifications she would need though, shame about the nursery training though that would be a great step forward

x x x

green puppy
25-04-2010, 08:24 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum. Becoming a childminder involves attending a briefing session for more information, an introduction to childcare practice course, 12 hour first aid course, food hygiene course, safeguarding children course. These now need to be completed prior to being registered I believe, also registration with ofsted and an enhanced crb check. Being a childminder means your babysitter would have to register with the tax office as self employed, you would not employ her. Not really sure how she could be registered at your address, would you be willing to make changes to your property if ofsted required it. They carry out a pre registration visit to check suitability of persons and premises, also anyone in your household would need an enhanced crb check aswell. She would also need puplic liability insurance and you may need increased household insurance. So as you can see not a simple procedure to become a childminder! Your babysitter could be employed instead by you as your nanny, she can register with ofsted but doesn't have to, she may still need insurance as any accidents whilst in her care would not be covered if needed. You would also have to pay atleast minimum wage and also pay her tax and national insurance as her employer.Some nannies wages can be between £8-£10 an hour depending on area so look into it carefully before deciding which route to take.

Pipsqueak
25-04-2010, 08:57 AM
hi im a new parent to this. i have a young girl working for me as a babysitter. she has done most of her training at a private nursery to become a nursery nurse but she did not want to continue in her training.i was wondering if she could beccome a child minder at my address as she doesnt have her own house, she is only looking to look after my child not anymore than one. is this possible ? if it is how does she go about registering ?

x

Hi there, working from your address she would become your nanny. You would then be responsible for her NI, PAYE etc, in effect you would be her employer. She could become an Ofsted registered Nanny but I am not sure about how to go about this. OFsted and NCMA websites could perhaps give you more information.

To be a childminder, she would be working from her own home address. She would be self-employed.