PDA

View Full Version : What are you doing for the elections

Lincsminder
23-04-2010, 07:29 AM
We have decided to hold our own fun mini election on a Wed for the next few weeks. (my busiest night for after schoolers) This is how it will work:

Friday- we will choose a subject and two people to represent the opposing parties
Monday and Tuesday - they can try to persuade every one else to join their party, by having a debate and by doing any experiments or activities etc.
Wed each candidate has 2 min to plead their case before every one else votes, we are going to make a ballot box this week to put the vote in and my husband will count.

This week I am going first with my eldest son and we will be debating a very topical subject of Marmite Love it or Hate it.

Wish me luck:laughing:

sarah707
23-04-2010, 08:41 AM
My lot aren't in the slightest bit interested! :laughing:

We tried to talk about it at tea last night and they just looked blankly - and that includes the teenagers :rolleyes:

So I think a gentle introduction into the world of politics over tea for a few nights is called for :D

angiemog
01-05-2010, 12:47 PM
Yesterday I had 3 leaflets that had been put through the door. Con, lab + lib dem..... I asked my 18 month mindee to pick one, he voted lib dem and the 2 year old conservative. Didn't have a clue why they were picking but it made me smile.:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: xx

FizzysFriends
01-05-2010, 02:47 PM
Im getting the day off does that count?

miffy
01-05-2010, 05:48 PM
There are lots of free resources here

http://www.mychalkface.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=44_105

Miffy xx

miss mopple
01-05-2010, 05:56 PM
Nowt, but then I only have littlies and I wont be voting