PDA

View Full Version : Group planning?

SparklingGems
21-04-2010, 08:03 PM
Could anyone have a look at my group planning and tell me if Im on the right lines please

Any advise will really help me

sonia ann
21-04-2010, 08:12 PM
can't read it ...sorry... and OH isn't here to help me:o

SparklingGems
21-04-2010, 08:23 PM
Have uploaded the link again hope it works :blush:

sonia ann
21-04-2010, 08:26 PM
ok my son has managed to open it using Open Office as I have Word 2003 and it wouldn't read it:)

it looks good to me...:clapping: I struggle with planning and never know how to do it or set it out......I am always searching for different ways that will work for me and am yet to settle on one way.....I think you are certainly on the right track

sarah707
21-04-2010, 08:26 PM
Is it group or individual planning? It seems a bit confused :laughing:

Group should really show the things you are doing for the whole group of children...

Monday

Stay and play am

Park visit pm

Free play including sand and water

Tuesday

Soft play am

Free play including painting pictures of ourselves

etc...

Then L's individual plan can show...

Monday

Practice using fireman's pole at the park - mum says he's been using it at the weekend

Tuesday

use a mirror to show L how to copy his face. This follows his interest from last week in butterfly painting and symmetry...

Does that make sense? :D

sonia ann
21-04-2010, 08:27 PM
Have uploaded the link again hope it works :blush:
this one opens fine:) :)

SparklingGems
21-04-2010, 08:46 PM
Is it group or individual planning? It seems a bit confused :laughing:

Group should really show the things you are doing for the whole group of children...

Monday

Stay and play am

Park visit pm

Free play including sand and water

Tuesday

Soft play am

Free play including painting pictures of ourselves

etc...

Then L's individual plan can show...

Monday

Practice using fireman's pole at the park - mum says he's been using it at the weekend

Tuesday

use a mirror to show L how to copy his face. This follows his interest from last week in butterfly painting and symmetry...

Does that make sense? :D

Ok so thats where Im going wrong. The problem is I only have 1 child per day so finding it hard to do different planning. I understand a bit better now though. So a group plan is just the activities you do for everyone- eg a routine. where as individual plan is exactly what you do with each child obs etc?

sarah707
21-04-2010, 08:48 PM
So a group plan is just the activities you do for everyone- eg a routine. where as individual plan is exactly what you do with each child obs etc?

:clapping: :clapping:

SparklingGems
21-04-2010, 08:49 PM
ok my son has managed to open it using Open Office as I have Word 2003 and it wouldn't read it:)

it looks good to me...:clapping: I struggle with planning and never know how to do it or set it out......I am always searching for different ways that will work for me and am yet to settle on one way.....I think you are certainly on the right track

Thank you this is all very new to me. So just finding an easy way of starting to plan for my mindees

Hayley G
22-04-2010, 05:58 PM
Sorry to jump in on your post sparkling gem - I am in the same boat. I am sure it will all click one day LOL

Am I on the right track?

Obs
Full obs - which include what they do, how did the adult support, Links to EYFS and next steps (not got many of these per child as I really couldnt get the hang of it and now having to back track which is not easy - thank god for daily diaries! Any ideas how many of these I ought to have per child in 3 and a bit months?

1 liners (which I presume also count as obs????) e.g "S pointed to the sky today and said sky & birds" also "S pointed to a postbox on nursery run and said post, letters & red" 23months old so tend to get lots of connected words rather than full sentences - how would you link comments?

Photo obs - photos and sentences with discriptions - would this also count as obs?

Planning
Long Term - Table format with 12 months plans
Medium Term Planning - not sure on this one
Individual Planning - meeting individual interests - spidergram?!

Thanks

sarah707
22-04-2010, 06:50 PM
Sorry to jump in on your post sparkling gem - I am in the same boat. I am sure it will all click one day LOL

Am I on the right track?

Obs
Full obs - which include what they do, how did the adult support, Links to EYFS and next steps (not got many of these per child as I really couldnt get the hang of it and now having to back track which is not easy - thank god for daily diaries! Any ideas how many of these I ought to have per child in 3 and a bit months?

Don't worry about going backwards... it's good to show Ofsted that you are getting better at your job!!

1 liners (which I presume also count as obs????)

Yes absolutely!

e.g "S pointed to the sky today and said sky & birds" also "S pointed to a postbox on nursery run and said post, letters & red" 23months old so tend to get lots of connected words rather than full sentences - how would you link comments?

Well colours link to CD, letters link to Cll especially if you then follow that up by making some letters at home with her....

Photo obs - photos and sentences with discriptions - would this also count as obs?

Yes of course!

Planning
Long Term - Table format with 12 months plans

Keep it loose... this is group planning and will change with children's interests.

Include a range of ideas from around the world and lots of things from the children's home cultures / religions

Medium Term Planning - not sure on this one

Hmmm I know a lot of people not sure about this as well!!

It's basically there if you want to use it... and it is handy as it builds up a stack of planning over time that you can come back to and use again and again.

I tend to use spider charts showing the 6 areas of L & D and plan for things like minibeasts, colours, clothes etc... things children like doing

Individual Planning - meeting individual interests - spidergram?!

Likes / interests / things parents have said / things child has said / comments from other settings... blah blah

Individual planning... linked to the above

So, John has been to the park at the weekend and is coming down the slide independently... what's your planning to support his next steps and follow his interests?

Thanks

I hope that helps :D

Hayley G
22-04-2010, 07:12 PM
I hope that helps :D

Phew thanks Sarah, I think sometimes I over complicate things in my head nd it seems like such a lot - but when you explain it like that its a lot more managable :clapping: .

I read with interest so many of your posts and had a look on your website and your e-books - my goodness I find it hard enough getting my head around this lot - how do you have the time to write all those books and answer all these threads!! :)

Rubybubbles
28-04-2010, 01:07 PM
looks good to me.

My group planning includes toddlers/messy play outside of the setting, then things I have planned.