PDA

View Full Version : Need advise

SparklingGems
21-04-2010, 07:56 PM
Please can you help me with my planning this is what I have done so far but Im not sure if its correct. Can anybody advise what my link would be for the ball planning

Thank you

sarah707
21-04-2010, 08:35 PM
That looks great!

Really clear and straight forward.

If you give all the aspects of the 6 areas of L & D numbers...

PSED 1

PSED 2 etc

then there will be even less writing to do! :D

SparklingGems
21-04-2010, 08:42 PM
I'm really sorry if I sound silly but what does PSED 1-2 mean? :blush:

Finding getting to grips with this really hard :(

sarah707
21-04-2010, 08:55 PM
Ok, you've got PSED and it has 6 aspects...

1 Dispositions and Attitudes – is about how children become interested, excited and motivated about their learning.

2 Self-confidence and Self-esteem – is about children having a sense of their own value and understanding the need for sensitivity to significant events in their own and other people's lives.

3 Making Relationships– is about the importance of children forming good relationships with others and working alongside others companionably.

4 Behaviour and Self-control – is about how children develop a growing understanding of what is right and wrong and why, together with learning about the impact of their words and actions on themselves and others.

5 Self-care – is about how children gain a sense of self-respect and concern for their own personal hygiene and care and how they develop independence.

6 Sense of Community – is about how children understand and respect their own needs, views, cultures and beliefs and those of other people.

Same with CLL...

1 Language for Communication – is about how children become communicators. Learning to listen and speak emerges out of non-verbal communication, which includes facial expression, eye contact and hand gesture. These skills develop as children interact with others, listen to and use language, extend their vocabulary and experience stories, songs, poems and rhymes.

2 Language for Thinking – is about how children learn to use language to imagine and recreate roles and experiences and how they use talk to clarify their thinking and ideas or to refer to events they have observed or are curious about.

3 Linking Sounds and Letters – is about how children develop the ability to distinguish between sounds and become familiar with rhyme, rhythm and alliteration. They develop understanding of the correspondence between spoken and written sounds and learn to link sounds and letters and use their knowledge to read and write simple words by sounding out and blending.

4 Reading – is about children understanding and enjoying stories, books and rhymes, recognising that print carries meaning, both fiction and fact, and reading a range of familiar words and simple sentences.

5 Writing – is about how children build an understanding of the relationship between the spoken and written word and how through making marks, drawing and personal writing children ascribe meaning to text and attempt to write for various purposes.

6 Handwriting – is about the ways in which children's random marks, lines and drawings develop and form the basis of recognisable letters.

http://nationalstrategies.standards.dcsf.gov.uk/node/84045

If you give them numbers you can refer to them without having to write it all out every time.

Have a look here for lots of ideas... keep going back to the menu on the left and opening new pages! :D

http://eyfsforchildminders.webnode.com/eyfs-6-areas-of-learning-development/

SparklingGems
21-04-2010, 08:58 PM
Oh yeah now I understand its just a way of abrehiviating stuff. Thank you so much for the links though. I will have a look :thumbsup: