PDA

View Full Version : Stuck for observations with repetitive play

mummyjo
20-04-2010, 09:10 AM
My mindee has been with me for nearly 2 months now. During this time I have done lots of observations as I was getting to know him and noticing lots of things. From these observations I have carried out all the next steps that I have set.

My problem is now is that he interests and his choice in toys and resources have not changed so I am struggling to observe anything new and I am stuck.

How do I move him on from here when he wants to do the same things day in day out? I haven't done any observations or proper plans following his interests for about 2 weeks now.

Blaze
20-04-2010, 09:11 AM
Does this LO have any particular schemeas? (Whoops replied by accident)! ...By repeatative play he is learning & this is your ob IYSWIM?

clareg
20-04-2010, 01:46 PM
To me i don't see a problem with repetitive play if it is what the lo is choosing to do even if you are offering a wide variety of resources.The idea of observing the lo is to see what changes are occuring and how they adapt or play differently learning new skills. He may start off with making noises whilst playing which developes into language,or from chewing bricks to stacking bricks,then colour/counting recognision etc....
Hope this helps x