PDA

View Full Version : Fixing trampoline netting

AliceK
19-04-2010, 01:34 PM
Hi

My DS has ripped the safety netting on his trampoline. It's a big rip about 2ft long :angry: . I want to fix it but not sure what I could use to "sew" it back together. It's not used for mindees purely for my own children. At the moment it's out of bounds even though my dopey OH let our 2yr old DD on it yesterday whilst I was out. She climbed up on it today and when I went to get her off he said "oh sorry she's done that because I let her on it yesterday". Men!! :angry: Has he no sense?????

xxxxxx

louised
19-04-2010, 01:51 PM
Sorry don't have an answer but I'll be watching this thread with interest as ours is also ripped

snufflepuff
19-04-2010, 02:00 PM
Would gardening string work, you know the really strong stuff. Its usually green i think. Maybe thread it through twice just to be sure and tie it lots?

Mookins
19-04-2010, 02:01 PM
not dure what the netting is like but am sure you can do a fishing net stictch

have seen fishermen fixing holes in their nets doin it

hope that helps

x x

AliceK
19-04-2010, 02:56 PM
Thank you. I'll give the garden string idea a try. It sounds a bit easier to work with than fishing wire.

Thanks

xxxxxxxxx

peanuts
19-04-2010, 03:02 PM
i got black webbing from b+q as i had the same problem and could find anything to fix, at the moment the trampoline is out of bounds as the netting is down till its fixed.

FussyElmo
19-04-2010, 05:30 PM
We fixed ours with thread. Went to the market stall and asked what the strongest one was think she gave me the one to sew leather :thumbsup:

flora
19-04-2010, 06:20 PM
we couldn't get ours to stay stitched so gave up asnd bought a new one :thumbsup:

AliceK
20-04-2010, 10:03 AM
we couldn't get ours to stay stitched so gave up asnd bought a new one :thumbsup:

I am dreading having to do this although it might come to it. It took so long to get this built. It took 4 adults and a teenager to get it all up. I don't think OH will be happy if I tell him I'm going to buy another one.

xxxxxx