PDA

View Full Version : NVQ or DHC??

maisiemog
19-04-2010, 11:14 AM
Just wondered which one you thought would be the better course to do? I really want some sort of professional qualification. I've done my unit 1 of the DHC. I've also got an NVQ 2 but not in childcare so know what it involves.

Both options are funded here so it's just up to me to make the choice. Was thinking the NVQ is most likely as I can use that in a non CM capacity

green puppy
19-04-2010, 11:22 AM
Was thinking the NVQ is most likely as I can use that in a non CM capacity

I would agree with this which is why I have chosen to do the nvq. I am doing mine at home with an assessor. Good as I can do it in my own time but constantly need to motivate myself. I have signed up to do the foundation degree through the OU in october so now need to get it finished!

aly
19-04-2010, 11:27 AM
this was my reasoning too...especially as the dhc was stopped for funding..you might find it better doing the dhc as i think they are stopping it everywhere eventually, and as you said you can go onto other things if cm'ing changes for you

Pipsqueak
19-04-2010, 11:28 AM
I would say NVQ as its transferable.

Jules27
19-04-2010, 12:58 PM
Yep i'm with the rest - NVQ as is not solely for childminding so will open up other doors for you. I was all set to do my DHC and it got scrapped 2 months before due to start so ended up on NVQ and am glad I did, still plodding on with it but will be worth it. AM considering the degree afterwards ... eeek!!!:D