PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Vienna

Blackhorse
18-04-2010, 01:38 PM
Our holiday's have officially ended yesterday but we are still here and not sure for how long either...

Nobody knows anything about anything and the airlines don't answer their phones. The airports just tell us to contact the airlines...

our travelagent said all bookings until the 29th have been blocked so he cannot change over our flights...

so I had to cancel all the children and look for other cms to take them.

and since there is nothing we can do about it we are enjoying ourselves here...just came back from a nice day at the zoo!!

Not sure I can sue the volcano for loss of earnings though!!! :mad:

Toothfairy
18-04-2010, 01:48 PM
Sorry to hear you are stuck, although I could think of worse places.

Its a sort of sweet and sour situation, sweet that you get to extend your holiday but sour that you have had all the hassel of finding tempory care for your mindees.

Hope you get home soon :thumbsup:

sarah707
18-04-2010, 02:08 PM
I think the reason they aren't answering their phones is that they simply don't know what is happening.

I hope you continue enjoying your holiday! :D

Heaven Scent
18-04-2010, 03:21 PM
My husband Mr T - who is an aircraft engineer says its a farce - on the plus side all the aircraft that are an the ground in the Uk are having extensive maintenance done on them ready for when they area given the all clear and they (in the words of Mr T himself) they fly the asses off them. You may get back on one of those ass flying planes. I'm booked to go to Eireann go brea (lovely Ireland) on 28th for an overnight visit for my nieces Confirmation - if things don't improve soon - I have no hope - this is truely a bazzar situation.

Alibali
18-04-2010, 05:27 PM
Enjoy, your extended holiday! Did you get someone for all your minded kids? Shame you have to try and sort it all from Vienna

Heaven Scent
18-04-2010, 05:32 PM
Sky news say that Euro control say 50% of flts should be back flying as half of Europes flying space is clear and safe to fly in. There will be an announcement from Prime Minister following an emergency cabinet meeting. Officials still defending the decision to ground flights on Safety grounds - they are allowing some cargo flts tomorrow.