PDA

View Full Version : Overnight childminding

Nikki76
17-04-2010, 05:54 PM
Hi
I am thinking of registering for overnight care and wondered if anybody knew what the numbers limit is.
All the childminders I have found that do overnight care are registered for two children only. Is this the limit? Was just wondering as I have two of my own children and maybe this would stop me?

Thanks

aly
17-04-2010, 06:30 PM
you have to have 1 spare bedroom per child.

Heaven Scent
17-04-2010, 06:42 PM
Thats not what I was told - I have 1 spare bedroom and am registered for 3 children and I stated the amount I wanted to be registered for.

I wouldn't have more than 1 family at a time so that is what I went for I have done emergency overnight care for social services and I have done it for existing mindees - its not something I would want to do on a regular basis

Ripeberry
17-04-2010, 07:22 PM
How much need is there for overnight care though? I keep thinking of that kid with 'Granny Murray' who arrives with his dog in the evening, whilst his mum does her shift as a bus cleaner overnight.
The CM who used to look after my children gave it up as hardly anyone ever wanted it.

Heaven Scent
19-04-2010, 08:47 PM
Checked tonight that each child has their own bed/mattress

linda2girls
20-04-2010, 07:35 PM
I have registered for overnight care. The Ofsted lady asked me how many I wanted. She put me on the spot really so I just said 2. It's not something I would do on a regular basis, just as an emergency really.

Linda

Nikki76
20-04-2010, 08:45 PM
I had the ofsted lady around and she said that to be registered for overnight I would have to have fire inspection which would include me having to get mains (not battery) smoke alarms and possible fire safety doors.
I think the expense outweighs the need, so have decided against it. Might look into it again if the need arises?

debbie
20-04-2010, 09:10 PM
i have been registered for overnight care for 3 years not had one call. so not much call for it. i'm registered for 2 under 8's. dont have spare bedroom told they could sleep in son/daughters rooms as long as there was a mattress.

darlboo
20-04-2010, 09:30 PM
Hi, im in the process of becoming registered, i have registered for 3 children and was told that the children could sleep in one of the childrens room as long as my kids could share for that night.

monkey62
21-04-2010, 07:41 PM
I'm register for one child overnight. When I had my registration visit Mrs O said I don't need an extra bedroom, but I need a bed for the minded child.
I use a travel cot for overnight.