PDA

View Full Version : What rooms are you getting registered?

Mrs_F
17-04-2010, 10:30 AM
Just thought I'd find out what rooms everyone is going to get registered? I'm gonna sort my garden out next week so hopefully the garden will be done soon aswell as the lounge.

Toothfairy
17-04-2010, 10:38 AM
The rooms I use for minding are;
Front room
Dinning room
Kitchen
Front bedroom
Garden
Toilet

green puppy
17-04-2010, 12:41 PM
I got my whole house registered, I thought it was easier to get it all done from the start. I mind 3 under 2's and use my room, my dd's room and the spare room for their naps. They sleep at the same time so this way they don't disturb each other if waking early. None of them sleep down stairs which means I can get things organised for the afternoon when they are napping.

Spangles
17-04-2010, 01:34 PM
Whatever rooms you are getting registered chances are the inspector will still take a peek in the others anyway to check nothing dodgy is going on and being hidden!

They don't always do this but quite often they do.

x

Shar
17-04-2010, 01:38 PM
It is a good idea to get as many rooms as you can registered or they may put a lower limit of children you are allowed, due to available space.:thumbsup:
I only have 1 bedroom not registered due to mirrored wardrobes.

Carpet Monkeys
17-04-2010, 02:06 PM
I've got my whole house registered ......

MissySpaceGirl
17-04-2010, 02:27 PM
I agree - get as many rooms registered so you have flexibility and your numbers will be higher.
my own bedroom was only room out of bounds (oh and garage obviously) even though this is probably the mist minimilist room in the house, but i wanted this as my haven lol.

My son's room was registered as we also have a desktop computer in there and the Inspector said If my 6year old son got on well with the minded children, in particular the children in his age range, he may want to take them up there himself to play after school.

Gail :)

FussyElmo
17-04-2010, 03:39 PM
Registered all my rooms - just not my bedroom dont particularly like my children being in there :)

Pauline
17-04-2010, 04:32 PM
I would register all your rooms, it doesn't mean you have to let the children in them, they can still be out of bounds.

Don't forget that taking children into unregistered rooms invalidates your insurance! If a child had an accident in an unregistered room you would not be covered.

sandy64
17-04-2010, 04:36 PM
hi i dont have my upstairs registered dont need to i use my playroom which doubles up as a sleeping area. lounge and kitchen dining room and garden.and downstairs bathroom.:)

rachelle
17-04-2010, 06:54 PM
I wasn't aware we needed specific rooms registered! I just use what I need - all of downstairs and sleep room / bathroom upstairs. When mrs inspector came last month she just asked if I used upstairs, didn't seem to have a list of what was registered or not iykwim. (I'm going to work on the assumption that all are registered I think:blush: )

clio0602
17-04-2010, 08:42 PM
I have all my downstairs and just bathroom and one bedroon registered upstairs.

It says this on my certificate so I'd presume if it says nothing the whole house must be registered.

Pauline
17-04-2010, 08:57 PM
I wasn't aware we needed specific rooms registered! I just use what I need - all of downstairs and sleep room / bathroom upstairs. When mrs inspector came last month she just asked if I used upstairs, didn't seem to have a list of what was registered or not iykwim. (I'm going to work on the assumption that all are registered I think:blush: )

Check your certificate, it will say which rooms are registered :)

funfunfun
18-04-2010, 08:00 AM
I would register all your rooms, it doesn't mean you have to let the children in them, they can still be out of bounds.

Don't forget that taking children into unregistered rooms invalidates your insurance! If a child had an accident in an unregistered room you would not be covered.

I have had my downstairs registered only as my bathroom is downstairs

Because i have 2 children .....the older one needs some where to escape to :)
and i see my childrens rooms as there own , wouldnt want minded children upstairs anyway.

Considering an extesion / conservatory though for the playroom :)

Emz
18-04-2010, 09:59 AM
i got all the house registered too

amanda1309
18-04-2010, 10:07 AM
My downstairs and the toilet
2 bedrooms upstairs and the bathroom
Garden

The upstairs is only used by after schoolers if my daughter is in and she has asked them to play upstairs. Hannah has her play room upstairs so if they have been playing with something in there we go and get it and bring it down stairs.

Avon
18-04-2010, 10:48 AM
gonna have:

Garden
Downstairs Toilet (huge room for a loo!)
Kitchen
Dining room/play room
Living room
My bedroom (for babies to sleep in a travel cot) and maybe put a small sofa chair in there, one of those foamy ones.
I may also register my younger 2's bedroom as they like to play in there, but not sure yet as there are bunkbeds.

marzi
26-04-2010, 07:54 PM
Registered all my rooms - just not my bedroom dont particularly like my children being in there :)

Lol I have found myself saying to my own children 'get out of my room!' and thinking back to when i was living at home with my mum lol :laughing:

Bernie
26-04-2010, 08:02 PM
My whole house is reg. I don't often use upstairs but they are all on my certificate just in case for insurance purposes.

:)

mamasheshe
26-04-2010, 08:09 PM
all rooms apart from my bedroom i registered my dds rooms just encase:thumbsup:

Milli147
26-04-2010, 08:16 PM
What should it say on the certificate? I told Ofsted I was only registering to use the downstairs, although she still checked all the rooms upstairs too :rolleyes: but it says nothing on the cert about rooms, just states numbers of children, the rule about 4/5 yr olds and no overnight - does this mean all rooms are registered? I only ask because I am slightly regretting not doing the upstairs too - when I had older mindees in the hols my own children wanted to play with them upstairs and I had to say no...still it did minimise the mess!;)

Mrs Pootle
28-04-2010, 09:19 AM
I am going to get my basement lounge registered, the downstairs loo & my garden. I wasn't going to bother with the bedrooms but reading some of the comments I am now thinking it would be wise to at least register my DD's bedroom if after schoolers want to play upstairs.
Please can someone advise me though on what to do with the bedroom. ie do I have to have all hazards put away (little lego for example) or is it ok to say to Ofsted that under 5's would not be in the room only after schoolers and therefore there are no hazards. Hope that makes sense.