PDA

View Full Version : question about pre-reg

Nikki76
17-04-2010, 12:09 AM
Hi
I've got my pre-reg on Monday morning and thought I had everything in place I needed - then I had a thought...
Do I actually need to fill in the booklet called 'Early Years Register: Preparing for your registration visit'

I originally thought it was just for personal use to give you an idea of what questions you might be asked by Ofsted, and to use at your leisure. Or have I got this all wrong? Will Ofsted want to see this completed?

Has anyone been asked to show this?? Just want to make sure I'm as prepared as I can be....:blush:

Thank you!

singlewiththree
17-04-2010, 07:57 AM
I never completed mine, I saw it as a guide only but I'm not sure if it is necessary to actually do it. Hopefully someone who has just gone through the pre-reg process will be along soon. Good luck for Monday.

Emz
18-04-2010, 10:17 AM
I didn't complete mine either.

Twinklestars
18-04-2010, 11:17 AM
I didn't complete mine, I had come out of hospital after having my baby 2 days before! The inspector didn't say anything - as long as you understand all that will be required of you it will be fine (risk assessments, policies etc, if you haven't done them write a list of ones you plan to write, a list of jobs to do in house before minding if any, understand EYFS). Good luck, try not to worry about it x:)

gigglinggoblin
18-04-2010, 11:20 AM
I did mine but only scribbled in answers. She didnt want to see it but it was very useful as the questions she asked were taken directly from it. If you think your mind will go blank (mine did!) then I would def say go through it and scribble down what you want to say. Mrs O was fine with me reading the replies I had written down as I could hardly remember a thing when she was here.

Nikki76
18-04-2010, 01:21 PM
Thanks for the replies.
I think I'll write some quick notes on it just to re-jog my memory incase it does go blank....

Vyx
19-04-2010, 02:01 PM
Yeah, like the others said, you don't have to have it completed.

I did complete it though and found it really useful, both in terms of giving me some pre visit confidence and when writing my policies and doing risk assessments.

xx

Nikki76
19-04-2010, 03:08 PM
Mrs O came around today for my pre-reg vists and although she didn't ask for the form, she did noticed I had made some notes on it. When she started questioning me about EYFS areas she was more than happy for me to get my answers from the form that I had completed the night before, she even helped my find the right page in the booklet!
Would def recommend completing it and using it in you pre-reg visit because as expected my mind went completely blank and they do tend to ask question directly from it!

Thanks for all your replies...so glad the visit is over (although Mrs O was absolutely lovely!)
Now I just have to wait for the CRB's to come back.

Thanks