PDA

View Full Version : Training Programme.

Mrs_F
15-04-2010, 01:12 PM
These are the course available, can anyone help me with the best ones to do.
EYFS AWARENESS
EYFS PRACTICE
BASIC FOOD HYGIENE
PLANNING
SAFEGUARDING LEVEL 1
SAFEGUARDING LEVEL 2
OBSERVATION TECHNIQUES
THE ROLE OF PLAY
THE ROLE OF THE KEY PERSON
OUTDOOR PLAY
BEHAVIOUR MANAGEMENT

I'm doing my ICP at the moment, but I've been given these choices by the co-ordinator.

Mookins
15-04-2010, 01:14 PM
safeguarding i would choose next possibly behaviour management:)

caz3007
15-04-2010, 01:56 PM
Safeguarding is a definate, think we are pretty much expected to do that one and to keep it up to date (ie every three years or so).

Then if I was starting out, I would consider one of the EYFS ones. Perhaps have a chat with your ICP tutor to find out which one would be better for you to do. We have a introduction to EYFS here and it covers all the different parts of obs and planning.

Actually your area seem to be offering a good selection, just got our new course list through from our council and it was rubbish really

Mrs_F
15-04-2010, 02:06 PM
Yeah its not a bad list to be honest, they are all free courses aswell which is good, I'd do all of them if I could but with doing my ICP plus having my daughter to look after it would be a bit hard lol

sandy64
15-04-2010, 02:14 PM
i would try and do as many as possible providing there not on same week but safeguarding.food hygienge are a requirement. eyfs and planning will help you so much.good luck

Twinklestars
15-04-2010, 02:32 PM
hi food hygiene is recommended but not mandatory, as long as you are following the requirements of environmental health or equivalent, this one can now be done online too but would cost you

Mrs_F
15-04-2010, 05:28 PM
How does this sound?
25th April - Planning
27TH April - Safeguarding
28th April - Basic Food
9th May - Childminding
26th May - EYFS Awareness
27th May - EYFS Practice.

Pipsqueak
15-04-2010, 06:33 PM
don't overload yourself too much otherwise none of it will sink in.

you do not have to do food hygiene, if you get the safer food better business pack for childminders, that is your food hygiene. don't forget to register with environmental health.

I would say do the planning and obs sessions alongside eyfs sessions.
and I would say defo do Safeguarding:thumbsup: