View Full Version : ALL UK AIRPORTS CLOSED

angeldelight
15-04-2010, 11:25 AM
http://news.sky.com/skynews/

Was anyone due to go on holiday ?

Angel xx

Hebs
15-04-2010, 11:26 AM
no but when does DebbieS come back from egypt???

LOOPYLISA
15-04-2010, 11:27 AM
No thank goodness :eek:

angeldelight
15-04-2010, 11:28 AM

I was thinking the same

I am not sure

Angel xx

angeldelight
15-04-2010, 11:29 AM

I
Oh she was last here the 1st April

Angel xx

Hebs
15-04-2010, 11:32 AM
she was going for 2 weeks so does that means she's due home today??? :panic:

estrelas
15-04-2010, 11:33 AM
Goodness!

That will be a total nightmare for so many people.
But safety comes first

Hebs
15-04-2010, 11:34 AM
Goodness!

That will be a total nightmare for so many people.
But safety comes first

i'd rather be stuck out there waiting to come home than be stuck here waiting to go :laughing: :laughing:

funemnx
15-04-2010, 11:34 AM
A friend of mine is supposed to be flying to Geneva for the weekend in the morning. The whole family were so excited as the children have never been in an airplane before. Hopefully Stansted will be open in the morning!

singlewiththree
15-04-2010, 12:49 PM
Did you read the bit about the particles causing a minor health risk to people :eek:

Tink
15-04-2010, 12:56 PM
My sister is in Gran Canaria and she phoned this morning as she had read it in the papers.

She was talking to some people who were due to fly home today but can't until further notice.

My sister is due back Monday, I hope everything is ok for then.

Joannechildmind
15-04-2010, 01:45 PM
i going away next friday for a weekend break to Palma, am hoping all is back to normal by next week

Ripeberry
15-04-2010, 01:55 PM
Although the plume is not right overhead, it will be coming over the south of the UK later. At least we might get some good sunsets in the next few days if this cloud ever goes away :mad:

margimum
15-04-2010, 05:24 PM
I almost booked for 3 nights in Ibiza flying Saturday morning, but hubby wanted to go to the Lakes instead!! I'm really glad I agreed to the Lakes even though it's actually costing more at least we won't be stuck in the airport all weekend:mad: :mad:

Mouse
15-04-2010, 05:28 PM
A friend of mine was supposed to be flying into the UK for her young cousin's funeral, but won't get here now. She's gutted, but accepts safety comes first :(

LOOPYLISA
15-04-2010, 05:40 PM
My cousin is on check in and my friend is ba air crew , they are happy to have been sent home :rolleyes:

Not so funny for everyone else :(

angeldelight
16-04-2010, 06:38 AM
she was going for 2 weeks so does that means she's due home today??? :panic:

I would imagine its around now

Angel xx

angeldelight
16-04-2010, 08:20 AM
More updates today

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20100416/tuk-volcano-ash-flights-grounded-until-s-45dbed5.html

Angel xxx

Mollymop
16-04-2010, 08:25 AM
It doesn't look good does it, They are saying it could last for days or even months !:eek:

mama2three
16-04-2010, 08:59 AM
i had to laugh at the woman on the news who was complaining and saying 'its disgusting'. How on earth she thinks it is the airlines fault is beyond me!

huggableshelly
16-04-2010, 09:01 AM
just glad we flew home on monday. my uncle is stuck in Orlando ... well actually he isnt as decided to extend his holiday to take a cruise too so who knows when he will decide to come home ... atleast he isnt stranded like we would have been as ran out of money lol

SimplyLucy
16-04-2010, 09:07 AM
I'm stuck here! I'm getting a little obsessed checking my flight for tomorrow :panic:

angeldelight
16-04-2010, 09:40 AM
I'm stuck here! I'm getting a little obsessed checking my flight for tomorrow :panic:

Fingers crossed again

Angel xx

Mollymop
16-04-2010, 12:20 PM
i had to laugh at the woman on the news who was complaining and saying 'its disgusting'. How on earth she thinks it is the airlines fault is beyond me!

I dislike people like that.
Would she rather get on the plane and risk death? unbelievable:panic: :thumbsup:

angeldelight
19-04-2010, 06:10 AM
Anyone stuck abroad or do you know anyone

Angel xx

Tink
19-04-2010, 06:33 AM
Anyone stuck abroad or do you know anyone

Angel xx

My sister is stuck in Gran Canaria, she was due to fly home today but I don't know what will happen, she has been told to check in at th airport and wait for instructions.

sandy64
19-04-2010, 06:38 AM
my sisters stuck in croatia shes on buisness should of flow to hong kong last fri but will ave to stay put

marian
19-04-2010, 08:15 AM
I was 'stranded' in Dublin last week:rolleyes: could think of worse places to be!
was due to fly home on Thurs afternoon but re-booked for sat - eventually got a ferry for sat morning:)
But :( my DS is still in the USA was due home today.

Marian x

LisaH
19-04-2010, 08:35 AM
My mindees are stuck in Portugal:(

Mollymop
19-04-2010, 08:45 AM
A local childminder is stuck in Spain, so I am minding one of hers for today

Minstrel
19-04-2010, 08:53 AM
I live in the Thames Valley and the ash has starting settling here. Cars are fitlhy!

Tink
19-04-2010, 09:16 AM
I've just spoken to my sister who is stuck in Gran Canaria.

She got to the airport and at the check in desk they gave them a piece of paper with an incident number on and said to ring it.
They are offering them no help at all and told them to go back to where they have been staying until further notice!!!!!!

Amaranth
19-04-2010, 09:33 AM
My mindees are stuck in Portugal:(

A friend of mine has 6 family members stuck in Portugal too. They have been told the earliest they will get home will be the middle of next week and that is not guaranteed. By the time they get home they will have been there for over a month! They will have lovely tans if nothing else :D
They have hired a villa and are just going to stay put until they hear more.

I can't believe the people who are complaining! Would they really prefer to get on a flight that might be in danger! :eek:
It's not like the airlines planned for the volcano to errupt is it :rolleyes:

Hebs
19-04-2010, 09:42 AM
:crying: i'm stuck in the uk, :laughing:

seriously th, a friend is "stuck" in egypt, she is desperate to be home but i'd love to be there :D

Ripeberry
19-04-2010, 09:48 AM
What gets me now is that airlines are doing test flights into the clouds of ash and now saying that there is no damage being done. This might be a gross over reaction and what about all the people who have now gone into debt because they had to stay longer than they needed to or had to make alternative travel plans?
There is going to be a lot of fallout from this and not just the ash :mad:

LOOPYLISA
19-04-2010, 09:58 AM
Had ash all over the cars here :eek:

Tink
19-04-2010, 09:59 AM
My sister has put her name down on a piece of paper at the airport for the next available flight. The woman at the desk said they are looking at the 1st of May:eek:

They are sending the navy to Spain but they can't get there !!

God knows when she will get back bless her

maryp0ppins
19-04-2010, 10:42 AM
I AM BOOKED TO FLY OUT ON SATURDAY 24ty :panic:

air company states ALL flights are cancelled until Wednesday evening AT LEAST ..... oh god, oh god, oh god.........

I really hope its sorted itself out by then....goin spain for a week!!!!!

I hope....:censored:

Joannechildmind
19-04-2010, 12:41 PM
I AM BOOKED TO FLY OUT ON SATURDAY 24ty :panic:

air company states ALL flights are cancelled until Wednesday evening AT LEAST ..... oh god, oh god, oh god.........

I really hope its sorted itself out by then....goin spain for a week!!!!!

I hope....:censored:

im flying to spain for the weekend on the 23rd April for my birthday, im flying with Ryanair and they say all flight cancelled until Wednesday eve too i so hope its sorted by Friday, am soooo worried, i have a feeling its gona be cancelled.:(

louise
19-04-2010, 01:03 PM
We are guessing the fil is still in egypt. He has divorced mil but still stays a few days during the week until the house sells. He said for mil to text if they get any viewing on the house but hasn't bothered to let us know how he is or even text to say happy birthday to his grandson last week.
BIL is due to fly back from oz on the bank hol hopefully everything will be sorted by then.

maryp0ppins
19-04-2010, 01:34 PM
im flying to spain for the weekend on the 23rd April for my birthday, im flying with Ryanair and they say all flight cancelled until Wednesday eve too i so hope its sorted by Friday, am soooo worried, i have a feeling its gona be cancelled.:(

I'm with Ryanair too so fingers crossed :crying: :ohdear:

Joannechildmind
19-04-2010, 02:35 PM
I'm with Ryanair too so fingers crossed :crying: :ohdear:

Yes i have everything crossed lol

Tink
19-04-2010, 02:41 PM
My sister has had to book into a hotel for another week I really miss her and feel really sad and helpless at the moment, were really close and it's her first holiday away with her friend and her family.

Joannechildmind
19-04-2010, 04:08 PM
i know i feel terrible for the people stuck abroad there is nothing anyone can do, i especially feel sorry for the people that have no money and are just waiting at the airports.

Your sister is safe, are you able to speak to her at all?

Helen Dempster
19-04-2010, 05:11 PM
Yes! My honeymoon! :( Supposed to fly out on 28th.

Heaven Scent
20-04-2010, 01:38 PM
I'm due to go to Ireland next Wednesday evening for just under 24 hrs to attend my Nieces Confirmation - I've also booked a hire car to get around when I'm there plus I bought an outfit and have cancelled all mindees for thursday so its cost me an absolute fortune to go and I had to think long and hard before I committed to it - the ferry prices were just way too high and the time it takes to get there is just too much and I couldn't have done it in 24 hrs so now I'm feeling very frustrated.

My DH is an aircraft engineer and he is still enroute to Alicante by car with 7 other engineers so that the airline can set up a base there to at least get stranded passangers back from trans atlantic destinations and those south of the cloud back as far as spain so the government can help them get back to the UK from there.